Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Sony Ericsson W830i

Sony Ericsson W830i
    Reviewed by Mobile Phone Reviews at TestFreaks UK
    Score: 8.0 out of 10

The elegant Sony Ericsson W830i is a Walkman® music phone which comes with a slide opening mechanism. The W830i is a compact mobile phone, a Walkman® music player & a digital camera, all in one perfect package. The phone comes with a start up kit which includes a Sony Ericsson stereo headset, USB cable for connectivity, music management software for easy music transfer from CD via PC to the Sony Ericsson W830i & a 512 Mbyte PRO Duo™ memory stick which will store approximately 500 songs. The handset weighs 116 grams which gives the Walkman® music phone a solid feel but the handset is compact in size with measurements of 98 x 47 x 21 mm. The phone comes with a high quality 2 Inch TFT screen which provides a screen resolution of 240 x 320 pixels & up to 262k clear colours. The screen can be viewed when the handset is in the slide open or slide closed position. The W830i comes with easy to access music controls & camera controls depending what feature the user wishes to use. The W830i is a member of the W range designed by Sony Ericsson which includes other music orientated phones including the Sony Ericsson W850i & Sony Ericsson W710i.

The Walkman® music player feature comes with easy to use music controls & complete with original album art which provides a fun & real feel when searching for music. The music player can play all popular music formats & the phone supports popular ringtones which include MP3, AAC & polyphonic ringtones with forty voices. The Walkman® music player has a direct link to an online music store which allows the user to search for the music they desire, then when chosen the user can download the music onto the Sony Ericsson W830i. The W830i comes with a built in FM radio with easy to use search function. The FM radio with RDS provides the user with digital text information which is sent from the radio station & displayed on the 2 Inch colour screen for the user to view. The user can use the TrackID™ feature for music recognition which is easy to use. The user can be listening to the built in FM radio & when they hear a song they like all they need to do is to record a few seconds of the song then use TrackID™ to send the song clip for music recognition. The TrackID™ will take a few seconds to provide the user with the name of the song, the artist & the name of the album. The phone comes with a fun sampler tool known as MusicDJ™ which allows the user to create their own polyphonic ringtone using different instrument sounds & music styles. The user can download music, games, images & video using the PlayNow™ service with three simple clicks. The Sony Ericsson W830i comes with a Mega Bass™ feature which is a music feature that enhances bass frequencies for a better quality sound experience.

The Bluetooth® technology provides the user with a wirefree connection between compatible Bluetooth® devices allowing the user to enjoy the freedom from cabled connectivity. The phone comes with EDGE which provides the user with fast speed data transfers & downloads. The user can use the USB cable provided in the start up kit to gain a cabled connection between devices with a USB port. The user can experience a high speed Internet experience on their Sony Ericsson W830i to enjoy mobile video, email messaging & Internet connectivity. The user can browse the Internet using the Internet Browser or gain the latest news directly to their mobile handset via the RSS feeds. The W830i comes with tri band network technology which allows the user to use their phone in the majority of countries & the handset will switch between the networks automatically.

The integrated 2 megapixel camera comes with a photo light & 4 x zoom. The user can capture, edit, store & share their photos on the W830i. The phone comes with easy to locate camera keys & controls which makes using the camera feature simple for the user & it feels like the user is using a digital camera. The user can record & play video footage on their phone which gives the user a full colour motion recording which can be stored, edited & shared with others. The user can create their own video masterpiece using the VideoDJ™ feature which allows the user to combine an assortment of their video clips to make their finished masterpiece. The Sony Ericsson W830i comes with 3D games with light effects which provides the user with a high quality gaming experience. The user can play the preloaded Java™ games or download more games onto their phone.

The mobile phone comes with efficient organiser features which include an advanced phone book, lunar calendar, contact details, calculator, alarm clock & tasks. The push email feature allows the user to receive emails straight onto their mobile phone. The W830i comes with an easy to use email service which works like the users home or office email account. The phone comes with SMS text messaging with a long text input option & MMS multimedia messaging service which allows the user to share their video clips & photos with other MMS compatible contacts. The user can use their mobile phone in flight mode when in a restricted area including on an airplane or in a hospital as the user can only access certain features when in flight mode which will not interfere with the airplane controls or hospital equipment. The user can create & take part in a conference call which works like a meeting style conversation over the phone. The conference call can have up to six contacts per call & all of the contacts can take part in the conversation on one call. The speakerphone feature allows the user to take a call over the W830i's loud speakers & the users voice can be picked up by the built in mini microphone which allows the user to have a handsfree call using the speakerphone.

Device
    -K800i
    Thanks

Re: Sony Ericsson W830i Review

Ouch, reviewing without photo. I dont think that's cool at all =,=

Thread Information