Device
    K310i
    Thanks

Cool K310i firmware flash

Hi. I've SE K310i R4DA044 Vodafone branded :mad:
    I wanna debrand it and flash with newest version available. I'm hesitating
    about this. How to recognize which one is the newest? R4EA031 and R4EC001 are more freshy, huh?

Hope to get some useful tips here from you guys.

Thanx in advance ;)

Also have another question. I have over 2MB of brand software - demo games, animations, etc. My phone memory is still 15MB. Did this mean that i'll have 17MB if I reflash my SE with no-brand firmware?
    Last edited by Pichu; 04-04-2007 at 07:42 AM.

Device
    w810
    Thanks
    First: firmware versions are alphabeticaly ordered so EA is older than EC wich is older than DA
    Second: not always true. original firmware might also have few locked ringtones, aplications or games in it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to onlyone For This Useful Post:

Device
    K310i
    Thanks
    I was wondering for version order. Thanks for reply.
    Can someone tell me where's the difference between RED and BROWN firmware and how to recognize which one is mine? Also are there a
    separate firmwares for both this types?

Device
    Kyocera 7135
    Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to luzer For This Useful Post:

Device
    K310i
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyone View Post
    First: firmware versions are alphabeticaly ordered so EA is older than EC wich is older than DA
    Second: not always true. original firmware might also have few locked ringtones, aplications or games in it
    If I'm not wrong... did you mean that EC is newer than DA? Which one is most important in order? First character? Both 'E' and 'C' are bigger than 'D' and 'A'.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    After all flashes branded or nor branded you will still have only 15 mb free space. Because the memory that flash file uses is not the same with the appliction memory that you will install. Thats way you cannot delete the origin files.

Device
    w810
    Thanks
    What popzoran say it's not true, they share same memory. In customization xml file there is a attribute name "deletable"

<image deletable="false" lock="false" unicode-name="trees.jpg">img.jpg</image>
    <theme deletable="false" lock="false" unicode-name="Orange default.thm">themes/orng.thm</theme>
    <midlet deletable="false" upgradeable="true" install="true" movable="false" folder="APPLICATIONS">

So this included images, aplications or themes use the same memory that you can free by seting attribute "true" to deletable.

Nevertheless, deleting all themes in phone might have an undesirable effect.

Regarding firmware... firs letter is most important so if first version is EX (where x is any letter) than a new version will be EY (where y is letter after x). Same way if a newer firmware appear, it will be DX (x is anu letter) and after that EX and so on...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to onlyone For This Useful Post:

Device
    K310i
    Thanks

Thumbs up

onlyone thanks. It may be stupid, but I still don't understand what you mean. Is this order the right one? (older to newest)

1. R4DA044 (older - in this case it's my own version I'd like to upgrade and debrand)
    2. R4EA031
    3. R4EC001 (newer)

Because the first two chars are the same in the three cases we've look at the third and the fourth chars - DA, EA and EC. If the first one is most important than D is newer than E (A, B, C, D, E... etc). If i'm not wrong - the second character is something like a subversion?

All this is because I'd like to remove my branded firmware and because this is my first time flashing GSM. Vodafone bundle includes 3-4 demo versions of stupid games (i don't play games) and some stupid animations with Vodafone logo. I'm not a maniac and I'll leave all neccessary things untouched 'cause I don't wanna get 'dead' or problematic phone.

Also thanks for the help explaining XML. I'm medium-skilled programmer and I have an idea of what you're talking for.
    Last edited by danielch; 04-04-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Device
    K310i
    Thanks

onlyone

I have another lame question... Which software is best to be used with this phone (K310i)?

Device
    K310i
    Thanks
    Ok. Correct me if the order I've shown here is not true.

1. R4DA044 (older - in this case it's my own version I'd like to upgrade and debrand)
    2. R4EA031
    3. R4EC001 (newer)

Thread Information