Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

w550i Whitescreen

Hi all,

The otherday, after unplugging my w550i from my PC, the phone restarted as it normally does after the usb session is ended. However, for no apparent reason, it just restarts to show me a whitescreen. I can't switch off, or do anything. It just shows a whitescreen until i remove the battery. The phone has had no previous problems so i can't understand why it is now doing this for no obvious reasons.

I figured perhaps that the firmware became corrupted somehow, so after using the official SE update service, i get told that im already using the lastest software, but try to upgrade anyway. At this point at 94% it sticks for a while then i get an error and tells me to try again. No matter how may times i've tried, it gets stuck at 94%.

Therefore, after reading a few previous posts on the subject i realised that i am not the only one who has this problem, the thing is, i am a total novice and not quite sure how to do some of the things that have been previously suggested. I do not want to brake my phone further as i believe that it can be recovered.

I *think* (by reading previous posts) that i may need to upload a new firmware and 'file system' to the phone but currently can't access this part of the site. However, I would like to know if doing so would erase everything on the phone (including contacts and messages), and if so would there be anyway in recovering this either before attempting to fix or after fixing the phone. Also, could someone explain what is meant by the 'file system' of the phone.

thanks,
    ez-52

If this is in the wrong forum i apologise

Device
    -
    Thanks
    You should definitely backup your contacts/messages. Are you able to at least gain access via computer? From what I remember that phone didn't have an external memory stick so that may make recovery more difficult.

Some of the de-branding services have backup software but I *think* that assumes your phone can be accessed by your computer. From the description your giving I think one of the official service shops is your best bet. They may or may not be able to save the data that's on there. They almost certainly will be able to restore the firmware for you.

Sorry, not much hope there. :(

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    I have a phone w550i Whitescreen , I flash my phone and is ok, work. repair erom

Thread Information