Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

s500i to w580i Question

When flashing a s500i to w580i firmware, i heard you lose the fitness, radio and shake shuffle feature. is there anyway to get the radio function to work because the antenna is in the handsfree headset that comes with the 580i. i have a 580i and thinking about getting the s500 and changing it to w580 firmware to keep the radio and use my w580 handsfree. is this possible?

Device
    Previously W710i, now K810i. Would like a N95 in future
    Thanks
    Yes the S500i doesn't have a pedometer so you won't have the fitness apps or the shake control. So after the update to W580i it wont work either. It's like the Z710i to the W710i. From the Sony Ericsson website it seems that the S500i doesn't have the option for Radio so I guess that will not work.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    well the 580 firmware has radio on it but it needs the headset which has the antenna inside to work, thats how it is with the 580 hardware.i really dont care much for the shake or fitness, im just a bit partial to the radio.

i guess there was some confusion in my post, to summarize, i am wondering if i can run the radio app on a s500 phone using w580 firmware if i use the 580 headset as an antenna.

Device
    v630 & k700
    Thanks
    you can't use radio. it's the same in thing like flashing v630 to w660 or k530. The radio thing it's a hardware part.

Device
    s500i
    Thanks
    its the internal antenna that is missing.....what the stereo earphones does is extend this antenna to a useable length...if that made sense

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    There's a patch available
    it can enable the user to start radio without putting on the earpiece

Device
    -
    Thanks
    Yes. That patch exists, but it ins't useful because you won't hear anything at the radio unless you use the earphones to extend that antenna to a useable lenght, like MW.KH said.
    If you flash S500 to W580 you'll only gain walkman. Other stuff from W580 won't work, like fitnessm radio or shake control.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    You would have to do some pretty tricky hardware mods to your phone in order to use the radio, but i have heard that it can be done. Wouldnt recommend it though unless you know the phones hardware really well.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: s500i to w580i Question

If I use the radio patch on my phone, would I be at least be able to listen to the radio using the charging wire as the antenna?? Has anyone tried that? It would be good to listen to the radio without draining the battery...

Device
    k800i
    Thanks

Re: s500i to w580i Question

no the charger wire doesn't has an antenna so it won't help. but what is the difference if you can just plugin your headset and put the radio on speaker?

Thread Information