Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Recently Initiate
    Device
    -W902
    Thanks

Common Errors about XS++/PhoneXS (THE REAL ONE!) ;)

Common Errors with PhoneXS/XS++
    V1.32

History:
    V1.32: Housekeeping.
    V1.31: Some minor stuff.
    V1.30: Added another scenario to white screen while flashing.
    V1.29: Added white screen while flashing error.
    V1.28: Some more housekeeping and added downloads link.
    V1.27: Added "Returnvalue 0xF6" error.
    V1.26: Added question and answer to "IMEI:NULL GDFS:???" error.
    V1.25: Added question and answer to "Sending flashblock..." error.
    V1.24: Added some more answers to 0xx questions.
    V1.23: Added answer to 0x45 error & a bit of housekeeping here and there.
    V1.22: Added answers to "*x0" errors.
    V1.21: Added "FSX" freezing error.
    V1.20: Added "Sending Loaders" freeze error.
    V1.19: Housekeeping....
    V1.18: Added 2 "Binary" error problems.
    V1.17: Added "Repeating..." information.
    V1.16: Added TweakUI information.
    V1.15: Added "Returnvalue" error.
    V1.14: Added "Failed OPEN" info during brute force. Also added repeating information.
    V1.13: Added "Failed OPEN" error and answer.
    V1.12: Added new instructions and download link for USB Flash Drivers.
    V1.11: Added answer to the "Waiting for phone to disconnect" problem.
    V1.10: Added "Configuration" error and answer.
    V1.09: Added "Waiting for phone to disconnect" problem.
    V1.08: Added question and answer to "CID". Added question to "FS Activation".
    V1.07: Added information to "EaTbS" problem
    V1.06: Added "Got 0x15" error and answer. Added "phone turns on" problem and answer.
    V1.05: Added sliding solution to "header" error.
    V1.04: Added answer to "header" error and correct procedure on battery issue. Also added "Finishing Flash question and answer.
    V1.03: Added PhoneXC solution and uploaded zip file.
    V1.02: Added "Binary...failed" question.
    V1.01: Added answer for "Apparently there is a file missing".
    V1.00: Just started.

Warning: THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL COMPLAINTS! ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE A NEW, UNANSWERED QUESTION!

We really need one of these. If the error message or problem is in RED, that means I don't have an answer for it and I need a guru to help me out. This should clear out the Tutorial topic. People need to search, but even with the "Search Topic" function, you don't always get an answer...

The UBER Solution

You've got to remember that a phone is like a computer. And the oldest trick in the book is to calm down, stop what you're doing, and RESTART. If there is a connection problem that has magically appeared or a file won't transfer, press Shutdown/Stop/Disconnect. Remove the phone from the cable and the cable from the computer. Take out the battery (SIM and memory stick should've been removed already) and let it be for a good 2-3 minutes. No, not an "American" 2-3 minutes which is more like 10-15 seconds. A serious, honest 2-3 minutes. Then come back, put the battery back in, and try again. This fixes more problems than you would think.

A Checklist
    • Is the file good? We are a community of thousands of files, many user-made. An error can happen; see if it has worked for other users.
    • Is your battery 100% charged? 65% doesn't cut it. Running out of battery during some file transfers can be deadly.
    • Is your phone compatible? New phones are released all the time, every quarter it seems. While we may be an enormous community, some things just take time.
    • BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP. BACKUP.
    And without further ado, the FAQ.

It has been going in a loop for like x hours now, it keeps repeating, it won't stop!

THIS IS PERFECTLY NORMAL. It is doing what it is supposed to be doing. To get a more definite explanation of bruteforcing:

Quote Originally Posted by Rekoil
    It's like a lottery. We already know the number the phone is supposed to reply with, the problem is that there are so many different numbers (Challenge) that can be generated by the phone for the number (AuthA) that we send. We only hold one ticket (AuthB) as it is very very hard to get another triple (What the combination of numbers is called, AuthA, AuthB and Challenge) with the same AuthA.

This is pretty much how it goes.
    1. PhoneXS/XS++ sends AuthA
    2. Phone replies with a challenge
    3. If the challenge matches PhoneXS/XS++ sends AuthB, if not, PhoneXS/XS++ sends a code to restart the procedure and tries again.

To be fair the only difference between this and a lottery is that there is an awful lot more numbers to choose from and the wheel is spun 1000 times in 11 seconds (average time).
    (-Thanks Rekoil!)

How do I find out which color my phone is? How do I find out what CID I have? What is my DBID?

Open up XS++. Press Connect. Hold down 'c' and connect your phone. Under Phone Information, you will find this:

XS++ (3.1) can currently fully flash firmwares to DB2000, DB2010 (most DB2012, as well), and DB2020. PNX5320 (Z310i, etc.) is also supported. All RED phones can be flashed and most brown phones, too. For a full list with possible features, click here. While PNX5320 is not listed in the image, it is supported in Identity, Flash, FSX, and GDFS Operations.

Some common problems with PhoneXS:

It is stuck at '3500'

This means your battery is low or dead. This is what you need to do: Exit PhoneXS/XS++. Unplug your phone. Charge it to 100% or when it says "Fully Charged". Then you have to start over. Yes, I know. You cannot "save" your progress. Hopefully, it will finish quicker the next time.

It is stuck on 'EaTEbS'

This means your battery is low or dead. This is what you need to do: Exit PhoneXS/XS++. Unplug your phone. Charge it to 100% or when it says "Fully Charged". Then you have to start over. Yes, I know. You cannot "save" your progress. Hopefully, it should finish quicker the next time.

This problem can also occur on some phones that require a prodid loader, like the W810i or if the particular loader is not compatible with your phone because it was not designed for your phone. This problem has been fixed in later versions of PhoneXS/XS++. (-Thanks Lemming!)

Another thing you should try is to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Device manager. Do this on all "hubs" by right-clicking the hub. Click Properties, go over to the Power Management tab, and uncheck it. (-Thanks master.j!)

Whenever I click FSX, PhoneXS/XS++ hangs/freezes

This could happen if you have a CID52 phone. We haven't been able to customize those phones. Yet. Just a matter of time, though, folks.

It is stuck at '***** FS activation, please wait'

Need Answer!

It says "IMEI:NULL GDFS:???" and a lot of my phone information is blanked out

This isn't a very good sign. It means that your GDFS is damaged and it will most likely require a service cable to fix it. (Procedure on how to do this would be nice, if anyone knew.)

The phone is bruteforcing, but after quite a few tries, it says "Failed at challenge 2"

Need Answer!

XS gives me this error: Binary acknowledge failed with: 09

Need Answer!

We're still investigating this issue, but do try these steps and post if they work!

Did you slide your MAIN/FS? If so, make sure that you chose the right header for the firmware. In most cases, go for the highest available header so that you don't leave any blocks out. (-Thanks Mr. Thunderbird!)

If that doesn't work, you could try the CLI (Command Line Interface) version of XS++ called PhoneXC. Zip file is attached.

XS gives me this error: Binary acknowledge failed with: 89

Need Answer!

We're still investigating this issue, but do try these steps and post if they work!

Did you slide your MAIN/FS? If so, make sure that you chose the right header for the firmware. In most cases, go for the highest available header so that you don't leave any blocks out. (-Thanks Mr. Thunderbird!)

If that doesn't work, you could try the CLI (Command Line Interface) version of XS++ called PhoneXC. Zip file is attached.

It says "Failed sending flashblock xxx. Returnvalue 0x45"

It says "Failed finishing. Returnvalue 0xF6"

Need Answer!

While my phone is flashing (specifically GDFS Activation or Activating loader), the phone's screen turns white!

Need Answer!

It says "Sending flashblock xx/xxx" and it has been stuck there for quite some time.

Only two possible reasons for this error: 1) You've got a bad firmware file. Try another, does it still happen? 2) If it still happens, it may be that you have a bad flash chip, which isn't a very good thing. It most likely requires a new phone. Try flashing with SEUS first; does it work? If so, leave it at that.

It is stuck at 'Sending loaders'

Need answer! Investigating this error.

When I plug in my phone while pressing 'c', my phone turns on!

Easy:

Intstructions and USB Flash Driver

Hard (Try if Easy does not work):

Download USB Flash Drivers. Extract the file. Remember where you extracted it, we will need this information later. Start PhoneXS , enter the correct settings for your cable and device in the "Settings" section, start Device Manager (Windows Key+Pause-Break=>Hardware=>Device Manager or Control Panel=>System=>Hardware=>Device Manager). Press the Flash button. Hold down C, plug in your cable. An unrecognized device should appear in Device Manager. Right-Click on it with the mouse and select Update Driver. Point to the directory where you extracted the USB Flash Driver. Now close PhoneXS/XS++ and turn off your phone. Then try Phone XS again.

It is recommended to also try removing the battery for about one minute before starting PhoneXS. (-Thanks freezebg!)

"Waiting for the phone to disconnect" and phone turns on.

Stop PhoneXS and unplug your phone. Recharge the phone to 100% and do the MAIN/FS. Then do the customization. Yes, you do have to start over, sorry. (-Thanks mido01222!)

You can also try TweakUI. Download this and in the settings area, turn off Autoplay for removable drives.

There has been success among users when they switched to the back USB ports, near the area where your mouse and keyboard plug in. If that still does not work, try some USB ports on a PCI card, if possible.

Another thing you should try is to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Device manager. Do this on all "hubs" by right-clicking the hub. Click Properties, go over to the Power Management tab, and uncheck it. (-Thanks master.j!)

"This loader is LOCKED"

Not really an error. This is perfectly normal.

"Apparently there is a file missing"

This one has a few problems. Make sure you are using the latest version of XS++, which now supports DB2010 CID49 red [u]and[/i] brown phones. Is your firmware corrupt? Hard to tell, but has someone else tried it? If it has worked for them, then it probably isn't corrupt. Did you select the correct phone type in the Settings tab? Last, but certainly not least: There is a loader missing. This should NOT happen, unless you were messing around in the "Loaders" folder. It might also happen if the loader file is already open. (-Thanks Lemming and gbrooks3!)

If that STILL doesn't answer your problem, please try PhoneXC. This has already worked for one user. Zip File is attached.

"Send Header
    Binary answer is: 0f (A9)
    Binary acknowledge failed with: 15
    Failed
    Sending data"

The problem here is that the flash loader you are using isn't accepting the firmware header that you are trying to flash. It doesn't make much sense, but what that means is that you are maybe trying to flash a CID36 firmware on your CID49 phone or vice-versa. You must choose the firmware that has the same CID as your phone. You cannot flash CIDxx firmware on a CIDyy phone. A CID49 phone needs a CID49 firmware. Check your files and make sure you downloaded the correct one.

It could also mean that you are trying to flash a brown phone with a red firmware. PhoneXS/XS++ can now flash brown phones, just make sure the files match your phone! (-Thanks gbrooks3!)

What you also should do is "slide" your MAIN and FS with GSlide and then use the output files with PhoneXS. Instructions for sliding You do not need to apply any patches.

"Finishing Flash"

Even though it sounds like it isn't done, it really is. The files are on your phone and you can unplug your phone now.

"***** Wait for 0x5a
    Got 0x15
    Got 0x06
    Got 0x86
    Got 0xff
    Got 0x01
    Got 0x00
    Got 0x00
    Got 0x7f"

This seems to be an error with the connection with the phone. Do this: Exit PhoneXS/XS++. Disconnect your phone. Remove the battery from your phone (the memory stick and SIM should already be out) and leave it out for about 1 minute. Then put your battery back in and try PhoneXS again.

When I turn on my phone, there is a 'Configuration Error'

This happens when you either didn't finalize your phone or your custom pack (finalization files) do not match your FS files. Double check your files, do they match? If you have a EU_4 FS, you need a EU_4 custom pack. Did you check 'Customize File System'? You must finalize/customize or you will not be able to use your phone. (-Thanks wacko101 and EvoLifE)

I try to connect my phone and it keeps saying "Failed OPEN"

Take the battery out, leave it out for 15 seconds, put it back in. Also make sure you have the latest flash drivers.

If this happens DURING the brute force, again, make sure you have updated flash drivers and do try XS++.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

That is all for now. Please, don't reply UNLESS you have a new question that I can help find the answer or you are providing an answer to a previous question. Or if you are really nice and have a new question and answer. If I made any mistakes, please tell me. Thanks!

~Ibrahim~

P.S. Links to download files:

SeNse Sony by Lecsi (Password is "se-nse" without the quotes)
    Rapidshare by Peter3334
    iProTebe by Maniacks
    Willyy1991's Archive of SE Files (Torrent)
    File Upload Thread by Willyy1991
    SE-NSE Custom Pack Library by gbrooks3
    SE K750i.pl (Small site, but growing!)
    Official Firmware Request Thread by mertmr
    Last edited by ikjadoon; 02-16-2008 at 09:24 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ikjadoon For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    lol for the
    "When I plug in my phone while pressing 'c', my phone turns on!"

The W880i boot when pressing the C. You have to press 2 instead of C.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    yes ppl...i have a k790 and it would not turn on i figured the erom is bad...i want it repair but it doesn't even connet to xs++ so how am i going 2 fix that problem??? add me at t.o.marshall@hotmail.com

Recently Initiate
    Device
    w850i
    Thanks
    a lot of people forget about driver and battery...

Device
    K800i
    Thanks

Re: Common Errors about XS++/PhoneXS (THE REAL ONE!) ;)

The "filesystem activation" error is prominent in XS++ when using certain older phones. This happens with W550i for sure.
    Use SETool2 in order to overcome this problem. I did it twice for my phone.

Device
    -w580i
    Thanks

Great faq... done a lot of research huh?
    It's nice to have a neat faq all in one spot where everyone can look for common mistakes instead of posting a thread and asking for answers!

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

I have another problem which doesn't lets me see these errors and bugs. :)
    XS++ is not starting.
    It started for a few times, but now when I try to start it , it stucks at the flash opening.

Device
    k800i
    Thanks

hmm this could be handy some times thanx :)

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

woh great information brother
    keep it up

Recently Initiate
    Device
    k800
    Thanks
    It would be nice if will appear a new version of xs++ that support cid 53

Thread Information