Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: General Information about Patch-Unlocking (start here if you want to unlock)

Why can't I patch-unlock my K800i? I have changed Main and FS several times, tried several different ones and still can't unlock! :confused:

Here's what I get as the message:

welcome to setool2 lite edition v 1.08
    supported DB2010/DB2012 CID49/50/51/52, DB2020 CID49/51/52
    Loaded 51 flash descriptors
    Going to execute VKP script....
    ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
    PHONE IS RED RETAIL PRODUCT
    FLASH CID detected:52
    Speed:921600
    OTP LOCKED:1 CID:51 PAF:1 IMEI:35570401xxxxxx CERT:RED
    FLASH CID:52 COLOR:RED
    LDR:061201 1314 HANCXC1329129_DB2020_FLASHLOADER_R2A005
    Flash ID check:897E
    Flash props sent ok
    Starting to process VKP patch script: E:\Service\SonyEricsson \SIMLockPatchGen\SIMLockPatchGen\vkp\Remove_SIM_lo ck_K800_R1JC002.vkp
    VKP script loaded OK. Lines: 6
    Patch structure created OK. Determining blocks to read...
    New block #0000 added: $44700000
    Blocks selected OK. Reading blocks: 1
    Block @ $44700000 read error. Have only: 00000000 bytes
    Elapsed:6 secs.

Does anyone have an idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Last edited by joste; 09-22-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Imei

Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: General Information about Patch-Unlocking (start here if you want to unlock)

I am using XS++ I have a K550i with DB2020 CID49 and a W700 DB2020 CID51, how am I suppose to unlock them using XS++ I have already backed up the GDFs, but I seem not to unterstand how to unlock them with that program, can anyone help me, thanks.

Device
    K800i
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 Times in 731 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joste View Post
    Why can't I patch-unlock my K800i? I have changed Main and FS several times, tried several different ones and still can't unlock! :confused:

Here's what I get as the message:

welcome to setool2 lite edition v 1.08
    supported DB2010/DB2012 CID49/50/51/52, DB2020 CID49/51/52
    Loaded 51 flash descriptors
    Going to execute VKP script....
    ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
    PHONE IS RED RETAIL PRODUCT
    FLASH CID detected:52
    Speed:921600
    OTP LOCKED:1 CID:51 PAF:1 IMEI:35570401xxxxxx CERT:RED
    FLASH CID:52 COLOR:RED
    LDR:061201 1314 HANCXC1329129_DB2020_FLASHLOADER_R2A005
    Flash ID check:897E
    Flash props sent ok
    Starting to process VKP patch script: E:\Service\SonyEricsson \SIMLockPatchGen\SIMLockPatchGen\vkp\Remove_SIM_lo ck_K800_R1JC002.vkp
    VKP script loaded OK. Lines: 6
    Patch structure created OK. Determining blocks to read...
    New block #0000 added: $44700000
    Blocks selected OK. Reading blocks: 1
    Block @ $44700000 read error. Have only: 00000000 bytes
    Elapsed:6 secs.

Does anyone have an idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    First install new firmware to your phone ( R8BF003 )

You must follow instruction step by step.

Remove SIM-lock patch generator

How to apply the generated patches to db2020 cid52 phones

Have a nice day

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jasmin For This Useful Post:

Device
    -
    Thanks

Thanks but is there a way to do it with only XS++ instead of SETool, I dont want to get confused, please let me know, thanks.

Device
    -
    Thanks

First, connect the phones to XS++, and let it to upgrade their EROM CIDs to 52. Then follow the guide that jasmin linked. There is no way to unlock the phones with XS++ at the moment.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to simox For This Useful Post:

Device
    -
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin View Post
    First install new firmware to your phone ( R8BF003 )

You must follow instruction step by step.

Remove SIM-lock patch generator

How to apply the generated patches to db2020 cid52 phones

Have a nice day
    Jasmin, thank you for prompt reply. Thanks to you, I have found what I was doing wrong! I have had followed the wrong procedure (CID 49) because last week I used it to unlock W300i and it worked like charm! The difference is I didn't make/use "Quick Access" patch, which I did now, but still no success! :confused:

So, an hour ago I followed 2020 CID52 procedure exactly, everything went fine. At the start the phone shows another message on its display:
    "Configuration error. Contact your network operator or service center". (This message was in French language and I translated it, so it might be slightly different as it appears in English). When I get into "secret" menu (Service Info menu), then SIM Lock sub menu, all padlocks are open with number 5 to the padlock's right, but still I can not use the phone!

I flashed K800_R1JC002_MAIN_GENERIC_WI_RED52 and K800_R1JC002_FS_ORANGE_GEN_RED52 because I couldn't find better matches of MAIN and FS. Maybe this is a problem?

Also, you recommended latest FW version - K800_R8BF003_MAIN_GENERIC_WI_RED52, but I do not have an adequate FS with French language. So, I don't know what should I do to solve this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys!
    Thanks for your time and enormous effort to answer such a stupid question... :(

Device
    DEVIL's SE
    Thanks

You need 1 more file to finish flashing - needed CUSTPACK which must be the same region like FS , but look here Top Sony - Languages Description and find FS which will be suitable to your language

Device
    -
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    You need 1 more file to finish flashing - needed CUSTPACK which must be the same region like FS , but look here Top Sony - Languages Description and find FS which will be suitable to your language
    THANKS, Seamonkey, I'll give it a try right away and let you all know the result I got!

So, this "CUSTPACK" you are writing about, is it the same as "Customization" from XS++? There is a box to check in there when flashing and it gives me the possibility to choose different languages. Should I do it in there, or strictly from the link you provided?

Thanks again! :)

Device
    DEVIL's SE
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joste View Post
    THANKS, Seamonkey, I'll give it a try right away and let you all know the result I got!

So, this "CUSTPACK" you are writing about, is it the same as "Customization" from XS++? There is a box to check in there when flashing and it gives me the possibility to choose different languages. Should I do it in there, or strictly from the link you provided?

Thanks again! :)
    Yes it is,so if you find that CUSTPACK whitch match with your FS use it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaMonkey For This Useful Post:

Device
    -
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Yes it is,so if you find that CUSTPACK whitch match with your FS use it
    OK, here I am again!
    I flashed the phone again, but this time with K800_R8BF003_MAIN_GENERIC_WI_RED52 and K800_R8BF003_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED52 (the only FS I had for this MAIN), I did it from XS++ where I have chosen the same customization as FS. Everything went fine, no error. Then I used SETool2Lite to unlock with the adequate patch made of the same MAIN. The phone turns on smoothly, but after several seconds with "Orange" as Network Provider name on the screen, it switches to "Inactive SIM" message. SIM Lock sub menu shows that the phone is unlocked to all operators. (I couldn't unlock-patch from XS++ because the "Patch" button stays inactive (gray colored) even after I choose the right .vkp patch file which I previously made from the same MAIN). Just to mention that Network settings are set to GSM Network, and I have tried several SIM cards from several providers, some of them are UMTS (Orange F). Why is this happening? :confused: Is it maybe a hardware problem, or am I still doing something wrong? I heard a story that this unit might had been stolen before I bought it, so its IMEI has been "blacklisted" with operators... :(
    Thank you all!
    Last edited by joste; 09-23-2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Updated Information

Thread Information