Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    I like both of sony ericsson and Nokia.

Device
    W830i
    Thanks
    Sony Ericssons are definately better. You can modify them and you they are much more graphical as compared to nokia. I had a 3g nokia phone. It wasn't able to play long videos like movies properly for more than 1 hr at bitrate of 300. My GSM Sony Ericsson plays the movie flawlessly. I think it has a very good processing engine. In my opinion Sony Ericsson are better.

Device
    -W580i
    Thanks
    Well i can say that nokia phones are more "stronger" then sony ericsson,but when you comes to games,themes,wallpapers.......SE is the best. I have a w580i and my brother have a Nokia 6600......he doesen't have for ex Walkman player,Shake control,blogging,RSS.......
    So i can say that in general: SE 10/10,Nokia:9/10:D:D:D

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    Nokia is better for cheap ( e. g: 2600, 3120) fone or very high-priced fone ( e. g: N-series). SE is better for middle class fone ( e. g: K750, W610). To me, SE has more simplicity and beauty than Nokia, So SE is the winner!
    Last edited by mahbub1986; 02-02-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Banned
    Device
    K850 but also:MOTO U9,Ericsson T39
    Thanks
    Of course SE is the best...I bought a 5700 and I wasn't satisfied at all,so I returned back to my beloved W810 and I bought a new cover...Generally,I think SE is more reliable and their phones,such as W810,are very strong and they combine business and entertainment...

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    I think i like SE but it hackable (I don't know about nokia)

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    nokias are better to me

Device
    -
    Thanks
    Nokia users donot know about the capabilities of SE phones and the the speed of se phones so usually they dislike SE ........

but if it comes to ease of usability and fun SE rocks .........

in speed of set camera and entertainment nokia falls nowhere

but in apllications and software nokia does have an edge.....

but for a beautiful balance between work and play i prefer SE ......

Device
    -
    Thanks
    There's different kinds of reliablity really. In my opinion, it can be broadly divided into:

Hardware
    Software
    Support

I've owned many phones over the years and had the experience of seeing general reliability of many more through family, friends, etc.

My personal history of phones goes a bit like this:

SE T68i
    SE W800i
    SE K800i
    Nokia N73
    SE K850i
    Nokia N82

I would have to say that in terms of general solidness and build quality, the SE models (that I've used) wins out. However, there were teething problems, and I think it's something that's plagued SE for a long time and it was the joystick directional control not being very reliable (due to dust, etc). My W800i also managed to get dust under the housing screen somehow too.

In terms of software, the SE's have been almost static for a long time now. I don't mean this in a bad way, in some ways it's good because it's a seamless transition in going to other SE models. However, I find the OS very restrictive. Only really java applications can be installed unless you do some serious hacking. The software due to it's closed nature does mean that it's very stable though.

With the Nokia's, yes the first generation of Symbian (especially v9) was slow, but it made up for it with it's ability to be extended and customised with 3rd party applications. This can come at a price of stability, but in general it's very good. With the latest Nokia's the OS has speeded up considerably and is on par if not faster than SE OS.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on support since I've never had to deal with either of them.

In recent times though, I think that SE has fallen behind Nokia. My current phone is the Nokia N82 and it's build quality is extremely good as well as having an awesome feature set (wifi, gps, 5mp camera + xenon flash). I can't really see anything too innovative about SE phones since the K750i.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    SE phones r much better than Nokia..The OS offers a lot more features than the dumbo Nokia..SE Rockss..really rocks.Nokia suxxxxxxxx

Thread Information