Device
    k810
    Thanks

W810i won't connect in phone-mode

Hey

I have got a SE W810i which won't connect to my pc with the PC Suite software... In File-transfer mode it works fine, but in phone-mode it only gets that its a w810 and lets me make the OBEX file transfer shortcut in the folder.... then it doesnøt do more... it says that it's not connected :S
    i've tried to connect with the program MyPhoneExplorer, but here it will connect in phone mode and i can transfer files... but here it just won't show my contacts....
    i have tried to flash both firmware's with the XS++ and it works fine, but it still won't connect propably (not sure of the spelling ) so i think thats it not any softwarerelated problem... but maybe some of the GDFS or EROM.... if it's not that either it could only be a hardwareproblem???

My software now is CXC 1250316 R4EA031

Really hope you can help...

Device
    w810
    Thanks
    try to install the <flash device driver> if u are trying to use the phone with XS++...i mean..i did so...with my w800..it may be the same problem.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    if doesn`t work just reflash ur phone..

Device
    w810i
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyfang View Post
    Hey

I have got a SE W810i which won't connect to my pc with the PC Suite software... In File-transfer mode it works fine, but in phone-mode it only gets that its a w810 and lets me make the OBEX file transfer shortcut in the folder.... then it doesnøt do more... it says that it's not connected :S
    i've tried to connect with the program MyPhoneExplorer, but here it will connect in phone mode and i can transfer files... but here it just won't show my contacts....
    i have tried to flash both firmware's with the XS++ and it works fine, but it still won't connect propably (not sure of the spelling ) so i think thats it not any softwarerelated problem... but maybe some of the GDFS or EROM.... if it's not that either it could only be a hardwareproblem???

My software now is CXC 1250316 R4EA031

Really hope you can help...

You need to install SE PC Suite and that all. I had the experience.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    u should try to a sony ericsson service.....if u dont want to fix the problem yourself.....especialy if the phone is still in gurantee

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    try installing the latest usb drivers for your phone

Recently Initiate
    Device
    w910
    Thanks
    phone mode is different in file transfer mode, if your in phone mode the phone doesn't really connect to the PC and give the privellage to be access but instead in the phone mode you're just connected to a pc for charging or using it as a modem... if you want to access your phone choose the file transfer mode

Device
    -
    Thanks
    install sony ericsson PC suite from the original CD that came in the pack. if this isn`t the solution, just reinstall your USB drivers.

Thread Information