Balue

2 months before downloading, why?

If I try to downlad something, I get this message:
    Code:
    Access to area of downloading only after 2 registered month and with 20 messages. They will only be accepted messages that contribute to the community of Top Sony.
    	Request the free access with the formulary.
    	All request will enter into a queque and will be answered as soon as possible. Before give access, all messages from user will be analyzed. Please, be patient.
    	Top Sony is a private site. Access to forum is free, but download section is another thing and Top Sony reserves the right to allow access only to users who cooperate with our comunity. Top Sony has no obligation to give free access to anyone.

Access to area of downloading only after 2 registered months and with 20 messages. 100 MB's limit per month with a máx of 50 files. * The messages with spam will be eliminated .
     	The users that are inactive during over 1 month, that is, without publishing no message, they will lose the access in the downloadings.

You can increase this limit subscribing in one of the accounts Premiun of Top Sony:
    Just curious why one can't download after 2 months and 20 messages? Sony upgrades only available to the right sort of person? I just don't get why I can't have a debranded phone now but have to wait so long and forced to write 20 messages? :confused:

And also why aren't firmware files available at the manufacturers site, but seem to be only to be at this private site here?

This is so strange..

Device
    K700i
    Thanks
    The firmware updates are available through seus but only if you have the correct cable sold by SE. There could also be copyright issues when making firmwares available, perhaps an admin will know more of that. There are other places with firmwares but not always the ones you want and takes some searching.
    Merry xmas

Device
    K800i
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 Times in 731 Posts
    Hello

First read this:

Top Sony is a private site. Access to forum is free, but download section is another thing and Top Sony reserves the right to allow access only to users who cooperate with our comunity. Top Sony has no obligation to give free access to anyone.~

Look around the internet and tell me if you can find any site which could be compared to TopSony. TopSony has got the biggest collection of firmware files on the net. As you can imagine it is hard work to get all this stuff together. The traffic of the site is huge.

You don`t need to wait so long, you can buy a premium account.

And also why aren't firmware files available at the manufacturers site, but seem to be only to be at this private site here? This is so strange..
    You can upgrade your phones firmware through SEUS.

Firmware comes directly from SEMC. It has to be modified before you can use it with XS, SE Tool etc.

Nice day
    Last edited by jasmin; 12-27-2007 at 04:58 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jasmin For This Useful Post:

Balue
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmin View Post
    Hello

First read this:

Top Sony is a private site. Access to forum is free, but download section is another thing and Top Sony reserves the right to allow access only to users who cooperate with our comunity. Top Sony has no obligation to give free access to anyone.~
    Hi

This is in the part I just quoted in the first post.

Look around the internet and tell me if you can find any site which could be compared to TopSony. TopSony has got the biggest collection of firmware files on the net. As you can imagine it is hard work to get all this stuff together. The traffic of the site is huge.
    The site is good and we all know it takes work, the question still remains why you put out the files and then let wait 2 months and be forced to write a lot messages that seems to have no purpose just to get at what should come compliments of the manufacturer in the first place? :confused:

You don`t need to wait so long, you can buy a premium account.
    I'm surprised as a moderator you haven't read the requirements.

From the first post:

Code:
    Access to area of downloading only after 2 registered months and with 20 messages. 100 MB's limit per month with a máx of 50 files.

You can increase this limit subscribing in one of the accounts Premiun of Top Sony:
    You can upgrade your phones firmware through SEUS.
    This I've tried but there's no option to get rid of the branding or change language etc and I just can't find the other files on their site or any sister site. In fact they only seem to be on this private site here?

Firmware comes directly from SEMC. It has to be modified before you can use it with XS, SE Tool etc.
    I see from a guide that an earlier version of the XS versions (2.2) used SE's update manager which meant either the firmwares were already made compatible with XS by SE, or XS changed them accordingly during conversion. The latest XS don't use update manager anymore, but now require files modified by you, is that right? Then the earlier SE files that worked with XS ver 2 should be freely available?

But I give up. I bought the phone cheaply on the internet with wrong language and horrible branding as my friend said it was so easy to fix with XS, but he had no idea and I've already used days to understand how to upgrade with it and find the files, only to find out I have to wait 2 months just to get them and prove to somebody in several posts I'm a nice guy which will not happen now, sigh.. :(

Anyway, this is your site to do with as you want I suppose, just find it strange that SE let users go through this cumbersome process to mod their phones. :eek:

Device
    K800i
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 Times in 731 Posts
    Why you say that messages have no purpose. Look how many people had trouble, but we are all helping each others ( many heads knows more ).

Access to download area.

If you want to download and no cooperate in the forum, you have the following options:
    Premium2 - 50MB per day - 2 Euros during 5 days.
    Premium5 - 75MB per day - 5 Euros during 15 days.
    Premium10 - 100MB per day - 10 Euros during 30 days.
    Premium20 - 125MB per day - 20 Euros during 60 days.
    Premium30 - 150MB per day - 30 Euros during 90 days.

How to get access to download section

Nice day

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jasmin For This Useful Post:

Thread Information