Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Changing cover on a SE w900-phone

Hello. I've gotten my grubby hands on a second hand (really cheap) w900, and the cover, faceplate and back are just too damaged for me, it just doesn't look right. Anyways, I've got a black (third market) casing and all. I've seen a lot of "reskinned" w900's, asked a lot of questions, but never really gotten a real answer or tips on how to do it myself...

Anyone help me?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to your_azz For This Useful Post:

Denn
    Hi mate, i've just changed my generic black w900 housing into a white vodafone housing which i bought @ ebay. I'll suggest u not to changed it yourself, bcoz it's just too complicated to changed it yourself. Ask a phone serviceman or anyone who's well trained or familiar with those kind of phone construction to change it for you. Yes, they may charge a higher service fees than usual candybar phone, but u'll be risk yourself into breaking your phone. Oh yeah, btw, it might need 50 minutes to have the housing change completely (at least in my case).

p.s. it's better to change into a original housing than those lower quality fake housing, because the fake one isn't really fit nicely to the phone than those of original. And make sure that u've move all the components(even those minute(very tiny) metals) on the old housing into your new housing, or it won't operate smoothly.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Denn; 03-25-2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Missed something

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    Hmm, I'll see what the quality is like. And well. I have no choice but to change it myself (I live in a small town). But I'm really familliar with changing other phone-casings, so I guess it'll be a new challenge ;)

Denn
    All the best to you then

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    Now the camera ain't working... :S

Denn
    I've nO clues about that dude, do you change it yourself? Does it tells you to close your swivel to start using the camera? or it just dont start the camera?

Auos
    search @ google i´ve found the howto in 2mins

Thread Information