Device
    -
    Thanks

w580i Insert SmartChip error

Hey all,

Well i just got my new w580i from ebay but kinda freaked out after putting my sim card in and powering on because it was hanging with this "Insert SmarChip" message:confused::confused:. Low and behold you have to push the simcard in until you hear a "click". Hope this helps others as this wasn't in the manual either. Use a pen/mechanical pencil, unless you have real long fingernails!:D:D

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kmatsu00 For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    Thanks, got mine today and just used the battery to hold it in the slot. Now I have to get the stubborn cover off again and do it right.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    I used to work in a cellphone store and people came in with this problem all the time. Bad design if you ask me....

Device
    W580i
    Thanks
    I used the "push with battery method" too. seems to work ok. How do remove it if you push it until it clicks?

Device
    -
    Thanks
    @rho123
    All you do to remove the sim is take a pen and push it in again and it will release the sim card.

:)

Device
    -
    Thanks
    i guees im lucky because i never had this problem with mine. everytime i took the battery out the sim card slid out and id hold it in by putting the battery back

Device
    w580i
    Thanks
    I am having this problem often..It's a pain to remove the battery slid..then the real sad story begins..Need to find a sharp object to press the sim and get it out..do some bend and straight to the sim..use the same object to push it in and then only my phone accepts my sim..

Real bad design..The way the sim card is inserted..hope SE are aware of this.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    My wife has this phone and I had to use one of her bobby pins to push the sim card far enough in to 'click' it into place. You can use your fingernail to unclick it to get it out, but my fingernail wasnt strong enough to push it in far enough to get it back in.

I dont care much for this setup. Why they couldnt use the slide-in setup like they did on the w810 phone, I dont know.

Hope this helps. :)

Thread Information