Device
    -
    Thanks

Help needed with EPROM/FLASH

Ok guys. Finaly got the right cable. Finaly! OK. I read the phone from XS++ and it is CID 49 RED. So can I update EPROM and FLASH to CID 52? If not, what are the highest versions of EPROM and FLASH for my phone? W300i is the model number.
    I am confused as there are 5 CID 49 in the FLASH download section and only one for CID 52. I am in US and would like to keep it English but debrand it and unlock it.

Thanks, George

Device
    SE W890i
    Thanks
    You must update your phone with seus. Seus will upgrade your CID to 52. Then download correct flash file and voila :)

Banned
    Device
    c702 (speed black) & s700
    Thanks
    cid:49 is the best, with cid:52 u won't be able to customize and unlock ur phone.
    so get the newest w300i cid:49 erom, get xs++2.2 from XS++ V2.2 - SE-NSE Forums.
    put ur erom in the main box of xs++ connect ur phone with service cable and press flash, after flashing ur erom u need 2 flash MAIN & FS and add a custpack

Device
    -
    Thanks
    OK so I got the XS++. I already downloaded EROM but not sure what is the custopack. Can you please point me to the right files for EROM, MAIN, FS and Custpack? I am in US. I am confused with the fact that there are 4 cid:49 Reds in the firmware section.
    Last edited by hdudic; 10-24-2007 at 03:04 PM.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    Check your firmware in your phone. By looking at the CDA String you will now which FS, MAIN and custpack to use. Download the same one with what is on your phone if you want everything to be the same. You can even change language by donwloading diffeent firmwae, main, and custpack that is for other region.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    OK I see. But I would like to debrand the phone so it is the same as when it left Sony. I still don't get it as my CDA is 102499/189 R3A. Can't find anything similar in Firmware. I know it is CID 49 RED. Please don't mind silly questions. Not sure what I am doing here.
    Last edited by hdudic; 10-25-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    Well I don't get it you want to debrand your phone so it is like when you bought it? So you own branded phone or not?

I think if you want to debrand you just figure out which language that you need and use Generic MAIN and corresponding FS and custpack that have your language in it.

For example if you are on vodafone/02 and live in England then just choose GENERIC MAIN and any European FS and custpack as it all has English languange. If you live in spain you may want to look which one (of the European FS) that has Spain language, etc. Just make sure the FS and custpack is the same otherwise your phone will only show English (as default).

Where do you live anyway and what language you want to have in your phone?

If you live in ASIAN region, the MAIN will probably CHINA and then you choose FS like APAC (Asean), specific Thai, etc. If you are in Hongkong and Taiwan they have their own MAIN and FS (because they use different chinese writing than other CHinese like Mainland China/Singapore)

Quote Originally Posted by hdudic View Post
    OK I see. But I would like to debrand the phone so it is the same as when it left Sony. I still don't get it as my CDA is 102499/189 R3A. Can't find anything similar in Firmware. I know it is CID 49 RED. Please don't mind silly questions. Not sure what I am doing here.
    Well, if you have CID49 then the newest you can install probably R1ED. You may want to use SEUS to upgrade your CID to CID52 first before unbranding using the newest firmware with XS++2.2 or SETool lite 1.08.
    Last edited by hanugro; 10-25-2007 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Device
    c702 (speed black) & s700
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hdudic View Post
    102499/189 R3A is W300i_CDA102499_189_R3A_ATT_USA so ur phone is ATT branded
    u need W300_R4EA031_MAIN_GENERIC_JE_RED49
    W300_R4EA031_FS_AMERICA_1_RED49 or W300_R4EA031_FS_AMERICA_2_RED49
    and custpack
    Jing_Generic_CDA102665_106_R2A_Generic_Trade_AMERI CA_1 or
    Jing_Generic_CDA102665_107_R2A_Generic_Trade_AMERI CA_2
    Last edited by ts014; 10-25-2007 at 08:01 AM.

Thread Information