Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Device
    K800
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by naith_kk View Post
    has anybody tried modifying fonts settings to fit the display on k800 without changing the layout.xml? I would love to see any progress on this... if nobody has done it I'll start my research on it... ;)

@louis - Hey, long time no see... hahahah...
    You can't upload fonts on SE K800i without editing the layout.xml file, unless you already have a set of fonts to mach the display perfectly.
    I have found two fonts to match the K800 display size perfectly. They're cool and easy to read. Here they are.
    Attached Files

Device
    -K800i modified
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by naith_kk View Post
    has anybody tried modifying fonts settings to fit the display on k800 without changing the layout.xml? I would love to see any progress on this... if nobody has done it I'll start my research on it... ;)

@louis - Hey, long time no see... hahahah...
    heheh i'm still around.....:D

theres not much to do to change the size of the fonts unless you want to redo the whole font character map yourself.
    i haven't tried it as it is a lot of work to be done, and the easier way is to either edit layout.xml or find the right size font for the phone.
    i have gone with 2nd option, and as you can see from the pictures that i posted, it looks (for me) very good. so for now i will stick with this font.

Device
    k800i
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djtetei View Post
    You can't upload fonts on SE K800i without editing the layout.xml file, unless you already have a set of fonts to mach the display perfectly.
    I have found two fonts to match the K800 display size perfectly. They're cool and easy to read. Here they are.
    im looking to use specific fonts of choice to fit into my K800... I have some collections that already are fit for my K800 but I'm looking forward to converting incompatible fonts to work in K800 without needing to alter any settings in the layout.xml...

I'm still working on it... hopefully I have good results. *continues* ;)

Device
    -
    Thanks
    its nice!
    i have made it with my k800 too.
    but what is the path of the memory stick.
    maybe i can save there the font file. then i can change the font quickly!

Device
    K800
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani92m View Post
    its nice!
    i have made it with my k800 too.
    but what is the path of the memory stick.
    maybe i can save there the font file. then i can change the font quickly!
    What do you mean by that?
    How to you intend to upload into the K800 system files the fonts saved on the memory stick?

Device
    -
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djtetei View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    How to you intend to upload into the K800 system files the fonts saved on the memory stick?
    i mean to change the path in the xml file.

<xml>
    <engine cache_size="131072" default="yes">
    <font style="arial narrow" weight="normal">/tpa/preset/system/fonts/Arial Narrow_Reg.ttf</font>
    </engine>

<engine cache_size="262144" default="no">
    <font style="arial narrow" weight="bold" >/tpa/preset/system/fonts/Arial Narrow_Bd.ttf</font>
    <font style="arial narrow" weight="italic" s01="20" >/tpa/preset/system/fonts/Arial Narrow_Reg.ttf</font>
    <font style="arial narrow" weight="bold-italic" s01="20" >/tpa/preset/system/fonts/Arial Narrow_Bd.ttf</font>
    </engine>
    </xml>

maybe you can change the underline path to the memory stick. and save there the font file.

Did you no what i mean?

Device
    -K800i modified
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani92m View Post
    i mean to change the path in the xml file.

<xml>
    <engine cache_size="131072" default="yes">
    <font style="arial narrow" weight="normal">/tpa/preset/system/fonts/Arial Narrow_Reg.ttf</font>
    </engine>

<engine cache_size="262144" default="no">
    <font style="arial narrow" weight="bold" >/tpa/preset/system/fonts/Arial Narrow_Bd.ttf</font>
    <font style="arial narrow" weight="italic" s01="20" >/tpa/preset/system/fonts/Arial Narrow_Reg.ttf</font>
    <font style="arial narrow" weight="bold-italic" s01="20" >/tpa/preset/system/fonts/Arial Narrow_Bd.ttf</font>
    </engine>
    </xml>

maybe you can change the underline path to the memory stick. and save there the font file.

Did you no what i mean?
    interesting approach.
    i know for a fact that something similar to that works with icons, i have posted a tutorial how to do that.
    however, i tried using same approach, as i did with icons, with layout.xml (storing it on the M2 card) but it did not work properly.
    if you want to try your approach to store fonts on M2 card then path should be something like this "card/tpa/preset/system/fonts/fontname.ttf"

post results please.

Device
    -
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by louis*cyphre View Post
    interesting approach.
    i know for a fact that something similar to that works with icons, i have posted a tutorial how to do that.
    however, i tried using same approach, as i did with icons, with layout.xml (storing it on the M2 card) but it did not work properly.
    if you want to try your approach to store fonts on M2 card then path should be something like this "card/tpa/preset/system/fonts/fontname.ttf"

post results please.
    i will test it later.
    but one question i have whats the path of the folder "other"
    i want to save the font.tff there. Then i can change the font faster.

[Edit:] I have test it with "user/other" and "card/other" but it does't work! maybe its not the correct path.
    tomorrow i will test the path "card/tpa/preset/system/fonts/fontname.ttf" but i don't now how i can go to the path and change the front file without any tools. because in the usbmod there is no folder like that.
    I hope i know tomorrow more.
    Last edited by dani92m; 11-05-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Device
    W890
    Thanks
    was this not done with the calibri font and was found to work?

Device
    k790
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by louis*cyphre View Post
    interesting approach.

post results please.
    Hi lousis can u give me the link how to save flash themes in memory card without editing anything in phone system phone. Even I want to know how do we change the font in k790 as I had read that we have to change the xml or layout in the system files, Isnt it possible to just upload the fonts directly to my phone sytem folder as we do in Accoustic. Im a begginer I had just uploaded Accoustic in my k790 by help of XS++ and its so simple within seconds I uploaded w850+w880 custom pack which I found better then my original K790 default driver.Plz help me.....

Thread Information