Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Phone is dead after using Wotan - user error

I am sure it was something I did, but maybe it was a server connection issue. All seemed like it was going fine while the update process was happening until I recieved a Windows error saying wotanclient had to close. I don't know how far it got nor did I take any screen shots. I paniced like a total n00b. Now the phone does not respond when I plug in the charger.

I think somehow I did not have a full battery and that is the reason the session ended prematurely. Since it may be the battery; I was thinking about ordering a new battery and then retry the flashing.

There is not an emoticon for how stupid and sad I feel right now. Is there any way to charge a phone that is not responding to phone charger or turning on?

The phone is a w580i and was bought through a m a z o n. Any replys would be helpful. I will someday laugh at this, but not today.
    Last edited by whoopsee; 10-08-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Top Sony Administrator Top Sony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Can you post your IMEI here?
    Thanks
    Regards!
    Last edited by ts013; 10-08-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: removing IMEI

Banned
    Device
    c702 (speed black) & s700
    Thanks
    u can flash a w580i for free with xs++2.2 so just re-flash with xs++2.2 so it won't cost u any more money

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Thumbs up Played Out

Act II: You stupid Idiot
    Much sadness ensued. I had a complete meltdown.

ActIII: SEUS to the Rescue?
    After restarting my laptop a few times I installed SEUS. The SEUS was able to communicate with my phone. Yay. I tried wotan again and it nearly completed before exiting while the final CS files were being written. I tried it again and it completed the installation this time. My phone works!

Postscript:
    I am running AVG antivirus, so I don't know if that played a role. One reason I went with Wotan for de brand ing was that I felt that the actual firmware files were from a good source. Also, I only used one credit during the whole process. So far, I am very satisfied with the results, and I would use Wotan again.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions of where I should go from here as far as installing programs, more themes, ring tones, etc?

Thread Information