Device
    -
    Thanks

is w800 the same with w800i

hey guys! i'm a newbie owner of w800i...

i am overwhelmed with information regarding this flashing/modding thing...

1)what does flashing really mean? and does it have bad effects on the phone? (e.g. the phone will not work)
    2)are all the different drivers work on different SE models or it is model dependent? (e.g. will the drivers for w850i work on w800i)
    3)i've read in cam drivers thread the word "CC" what does CC mean?

thanks... im sorry if I have a lot of questions... I hope the masters will put some of their thoughts...

Device
    w910
    Thanks
    1-Flashing is like you change your pc operating system i mean format it and install it again, you flash your phone for some reasons like install any operating system on PC 1.problems(like problems that you would have with your pc operating system > crashing, restart, hang...) 2.For be a update (like if you have windows XP SP1 you want to install service pack 2 in order to have more complete windows (bug fixed)
    2-it is model dependent
    3-I don know sorry!
    4-is w800 the same with w800i? yes they are the same w800i (international version) w800c (china version)
    Last edited by miroalex; 09-12-2007 at 06:33 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to miroalex For This Useful Post:

Device
    -
    Thanks
    what is the latest firmware for w800i?

firmware currently in my phone is R1AA008... is firmware country/region specific? i'm from Asia Pacific...

Device
    W910i
    Thanks
    Here some stuff that'll add an order in your head, regarding SE definitions.
    SonyEricsson Hardware and Firmware Definitions! - Top Sony Forums

Firmware is region specific, if you use SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) it matches automaticly the version that matches your phones CDA (what CDA you need and which language included in which firmware you can read in the main page on the left).

The latest w800i firmware, as far as I know is R1BC002_RED36

Recently Initiate
    Device
    w600
    Thanks
    But the problem with seus is : if the phone is debranded and the fs is branded ex:O2, if u do update with seus u have a branded phone.....

The latest is r1bc002 and without bugs official version, but 1 bug is :battery life...but u can patch it

sorry 4 my bad english im from ROmania`K`

Device
    -
    Thanks
    if the firmware is region specific, will it cause some problems if the firmware from another region is installed in my phone? (e.g. im using firmware for APAC and i want to use firmware for other regions.)

i tried SEUS but i said that there is no updates for my firmware, im currently using R1AA008...

where can i get this latest firmware R1BC002? and is there an APAC version of this firmware?
    Last edited by SEpsyche; 09-13-2007 at 06:20 AM. Reason: additional info

Device
    w910
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SEpsyche View Post
    if the firmware is region specific, will it cause some problems if the firmware from another region is installed in my phone? (e.g. im using firmware for APAC and i want to use firmware for other regions.)

i tried SEUS but i said that there is no updates for my firmware, im currently using R1AA008...

where can i get this latest firmware R1BC002? and is there an APAC version of this firmware?
    Yes it cause problems! you have to use the same version for example APAC FW need APAC FS and custom files you can't use GENERIC FW if you want to do that you have to flash GENERIC FS too
    NOTE:FW it is the Firmwae and FS it is the File systems all ringtones pictures and stuffs are located in fs and main programs in FW
    I had that problem with one of my friend's phone you have to flash it manually by using XS++ or Setool2lite
    and for firmware here in topsony only you can find W800 FW and FS in CID36 not CID49 you have to check you phone CID first by XS++ or Setool2lite then ...

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    hey guys do you really think that we shud update our phones according to seus or by manual i mean hich one is more safer

Recently Initiate
    Device
    w600
    Thanks
    manual...its mush safer....just dowload the fs and the main and then just finalize

Device
    -
    Thanks
    Hi guys! where can i find the FW R1BC002 for APAC, i've searched but i only found firmwares mainly for EUR and US.

Can i use the FW for EUR, would it cause problems? If i change the firmware of my phone, are all data will be removed? (e.g. contacts, messages)

Thread Information