Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Wally_Dog

[SOLVED] Wally_Dogs Guide to XS++ Flashing CID 49 DB 2010 Phones [Debranding | Flash

After seeing lots of posts like "How do I put flash menus on my phone", or "How do I debrand my phone", and last but not least, "I flashed my phone bad... HELP ME PLEASE!!!", I have decided to compile my knowledge of XS++ flashing into one tutorial, and, if followed right, will allow the user to flash their phone successfully with no damage to their phone.

Prior Knowledge You Should Have Before Flashing

• GDFS: The core of your phone. NEVER attempt to modify this unless you know 100% what you are doing.
    • Firmware: FS and MAIN are the two firmwares within your phone.
    • FS: The "Filesystem" of your phone. This is where files in your phone are stored.
    • MAIN: The "skeleton" of your phone. This contains the data that allows your phone to start properly etc.
    • Custpack: The files that "activate" your phone after you debrand it. Without adding a custpack, your phone will get an error upon startup.
    • Flashing: The process in which you "hack" your phone to add/remove/edit files within your phone. This is XS++'s specialty.
    • Debranding: The act in which you remove content that carriers, such as Rogers, T-Mobile, Cingular/AT&T, Orange, 02, etc. put on your phone.

Pre-Flashing Resources You Will Need

XS++: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/601/mirrors.php

You will need the MAIN, FS, and Custpack according to your phone. (To find what you need, read on later in the tutorial) Once you have found which ones you need, search on this site: http://www.4shared.com/network/search.jsp (Note: The Firmware MUST BE ACCORDING TO WHERE YOU LIVE AND WHAT LANGUAGE YOU SPEAK!!!)

A Service Cable (Cruiser/Fighter) or a DCU-60 Cable (the cable that came with your phone)

Remove your SIM card and Memory Stick, and make sure you have a battery that is 100% charged.

The Flash Driver installed on your computer (no link at this moment, check www.se-nse.com for it when it gets back online) This also might be installed if you install Sony Ericsson PC Suite? (confirm?)

Flashing!!!

Now here is the fun part... flashing your phone!

There are two things I will discuss in this tutorial, adding flash menus, and debranding your phone. First, we will debrand your phone.

Debranding

Open XS++. Press "Connect", hold the C button down on your phone, and then connect the cable to your phone. XS++ will recognize your phone and feed you the current status of your phone, including firmware version etc. Get the firmware number and search it with the site mentioned above. Then use the CDA list to find what you need. (Note: For Debranding, you will need a GENERIC MAIN file, which is irrevelant to your region in which you live) If XS++ could not recognize your phone, take the battery out for 30 seconds, and then try again. Once you are connected to you phone via XS++, click "Flash" near the bottom of the window.

Now, you must select Flash Main Firmware, Flash Filesystem, and Customize Filesystem. In each blank field, browse for the appropriate file (make sure you don't choose the .rar file!!!). If you find your custpack in XS++'s preset custpack selection, good. If not, disconnect your phone from XS++, close XS++ and then go to the folder in which XS++ is stored. Open own_custpack, and drop the folder containing the custpack inside. Now re-enter your phone with XS++.

Once the fields are filled out appropriately, click Start Flash. XS++ will now flash the selected MAIN, FS, and Custpack to your phone. (Note: The Main and FS should finish rather quickly, but the Custpack could take up to 4-7 hours due to bruteforcing your phone). When all is finished completely, disconnect your phone and take the battery out for 30 secs, then put it back in, along with the SIM card and Memory Stick. Plug your phone into it's charger, and then turn on your phone. If all goes well, your phone will load up (will take 5-10 minutes for the phone to accept the changes). If you get an error, then flash the MAIN, FS, and Custpack again, at the same time. You might've just chosen the wrong Custpack.

Adding Flash Menus to Your Phone

Adding Flash Menus is the easiest part of XS++. Open the files_to_upload folder in the directory where XS++ is stored. Now, you must make new folders according to this pattern: tpa > preset > system > desktop > flash.
    Now paste the .swf files of the flash menus in the flash folder. Now enter your phone with XS++, and click Flash. Select all the options, then select BruteXS. Now UNSELECT all the options EXCEPT BruteXS. Now click FSX. Now, click Start. XS++ now will upload the menus to your phone. You now have Flash Menus on your phone!!!

Now disconnect from XS++ and take the battery out for 30 seconds, then put it back in, along with the SIM and Memory Stick. Now add the .thm files to your phone like you normally would. If all went right, you now have Flash Menus WORKING on your phone!

If they do not work, then you changed the filename of the .swf files or the .thm files. These MUST be kept how they were before you changed them. Also, it should be noted that some phones are not flash compatible, and therefor flash menus do not work on them.

After-word

Please do not post about FAR taking barely no time to customize etc., as this was written for using XS++ O N L Y.
    Last edited by Wally_Dog; 08-06-2007 at 12:09 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wally_Dog For This Useful Post:

Device
    -
    Thanks
    Wally_Dog: Thanks so much for taking the time to create this guide, just what I was looking for.

Hope you don't mind clarifying a few things for me.

I have a Z710 branded to Fido(Rogers), CID49, DB2020

I have found MAIN and FS, listed below, will those two work together or do they need to be the exact same name? I am in Canada, so chose America.

Z710_R1JC002_MAIN_GENERIC_RED49.rar
    Z710_R1JC002_FS_AMERICA_2_RED49.rar

Not sure where or what the custpack is. Do I have to have it?

thanks

Harto

Wally_Dog
    Harto, the main you are using will work, and the FS will work, but if the SMS on your phone or calling doesn't work, you will need to switch to a different custpack, maybe a Euro one. You NEED the custpack or you will get an unpleasant configuration error upon booting. The custpack you need is one of these:

CDA102568/10 EUROPE_1 GENERIC EUROPE_1
    CDA102568/16 AMERICA_2 GENERIC AMERICA_2

I would try the american one first, that way if the FS doesn't work right, you'll know you'll need to switch the custpack, too.

Hope this clears things up a bit,

-Wally

[EDIT] Here is a custpack chart in case you need it: http://www.topsony.com/forum/cmps_in...?page=CDA_Z710
    Last edited by Wally_Dog; 08-06-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    when i tried to flash the main or the FS, it gets stacked at "finishing flash..." and does nothing more :S

For Ex. if i mark the main, the FS and customize FS, it flashes the main, but it doesn't go on with the FS, and it's the same for de FS.

another question, my custpack doesn't appear on the XS++, so i put it in own_custpack, and when i re-enter to the XS++, doesn't changes anything, i have to select either breakXS or bruteXS, and i have to select one of the CDA and region (remember mine isn't there). and when i select the bruteXS mode, it gets stacked at "waiting for the phone to recconect"... (and my phone turns on by itself)

what shoul i do? what am i doing wrong?

thanks for your help.
    Last edited by metaldrume; 08-06-2007 at 03:49 AM.

Device
    W810i
    Thanks
    Nice work Wally_Dog. I hope, I get fast the 20 post, to use the download section and try your tutorial

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    lets hope some writes same for CID49 DB2020 phones...

newayz....can any body provide link to BEST k800i Sound Drivers ??

Wally_Dog
    @metaldrume: You must retry the flash. For the custpack, you might've not taken the contents out and put it in the folder... I have never used own_custpack, but I'm sure it's just because you have an extra folder or two. Try putting it so it is **>&&

**=Folder containg the customization files
    &&=the customization files

@talktoanil: I'm pretty sure sound drivers for phones are interchangeable... try using ToShaRas Mega Acoustics... thats what I have on my phone =)

Device
    -
    Thanks
    I did it last night, XS++ took 5 hours to brute force, said ti was successful.
    But turned the phone on and got "Configuration error - contact service provider".

I wonder if its how I put the files in the "own_custpack" folder. I file I download of the net has about four layers of folder before I get to my files, so I put them all in the own_custpack.

I had it set up like this:

\XS++\own_custpack\HB1-06_Gen_CDA102568_107_R5A_GENERIC_AMERICA_2\tpa\pre set\custom\*the files*

anyone know if this is right or wrong?

*edit: Yes that is wrong! I found out it should be:

\XS++\own_custpack\tpa\preset\custom\*the files*

harto
    Last edited by harto; 08-06-2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: found solution

Wally_Dog
    Yeap, harto, you're exactly right. I hope you use the right custpack etc. though when you do it so you don't have to do it over again :)

Device
    -
    Thanks
    I hope I used the right ones too.

I'm brute forcing it right now. Its taking longer than it did the first time. First time took about 1.2 million trys. It's now over 1.4 million. You think it would remember what the binary answer was from the first time, or at least ask the user to enter it if they know. Or is there a good reason for it not to?

Hope it finishes soon

harto

Thread Information