Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

w300i hangs while connected to internet

my sony w300i sometimes hangs,sometimes mobile willbe switched of automatically while using in net,sometimes white display will comes with vibration,sometimes sent and recieved bytes will be idle,its annoying me,whats the problem?is there problem in hardware or software,if i want to flash means guide me to flash,and instruct me what are the needed for that?solve my problem

Device
    Xperia Go
    Thanks

Re: w300i hangs while connected to internet

Hello,
    Type in Google "W300 flashing firmware" and you will find all you need.

Regards

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satch1234 View Post
    Hello, Type in Google "W300 flashing firmware" and you will find all you need. Regards
    iam confused, so that why i post here ,will u guide me,first of all clear my doubts what was the problem
    2)what is the latest firmware version
    3)what are the software needed
    4)guide me to flash and solve my above problem
    5)is that problem related to hardware or software or anyother
    Last edited by funnyguys; 09-22-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

is there no experts here?y dont u help me to solve my probs

Device
    Xperia Go
    Thanks

Hello,
    1.We all have private life and no time to be here all the time.
    2.I already told you what to do,open the site in google and read manual how to flash the phone.It should solve your problem.You can also use search button in this forum.
    3.If you are not shure how to flash your phone then take it to some private unlock/repair shop and they will do the job for you.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Hello,
    1.We all have private life and no time to be here all the time.
    2.I already told you what to do,open the site in google and read manual how to flash the phone.It should solve your problem.You can also use search button in this forum.
    3.If you are not shure how to flash your phone then take it to some private unlock/repair shop and they will do the job for you.
    ofcourse i accept ur comments,but if i google and know it means ,what about this forum?iam newbie,thats y iam expecting some help from experts like u,i think ur expert so why dont you give some details and provide some thread links here

Device
    Xperia Go
    Thanks

Requirements
    You will need the following software to get started:
    Phone XS++V1.2 or later. At this link are links to the program; it is a free community-created tool for do-it-yourselfers. It comes in a RAR file, so you will need WinRar. You can also get Far manager 1.70 from the download section, you will need some drivers that come with the Sony Ericsson Update Service. The drivers that come with this will work for your purposes. XS++ installs to the folder you unrar it to; FAR manager and the rest install like normal windows programs and are run from the start menu. Each of these programs may have its own requirements, like Macromedia Flash player, .NET framework, Windows XP, and so on.

Once you have all these programs installed, you will need to add a plug-in to FAR manager. First get SEFP v010044 and unzip it to your computer. This will unzip to a folder called SEFP010044, which contains another folder called SEFP. Click on the SEFP folder can copy it. Then go to C:\Program Files\Far\Plugins, and paste SEFP at that level. Next get SEFP v010051 and unrar it and do the same copy/paste trick with SEFP. You do need both SEFP's because the second is an update to the first. This time Windows will warn you that you will
    overwrite files, etc., just click yes. Finally, get the final file for your CID49 phone, and unrar it. This is called .zip, but it is actually rar'ed. This, too, has an SEFP folder under it, which again gets pasted into C:\Program Files\Far\Plugins, and again overwrites several files in that folder. Once you are done, go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Far\Plugins\SEFP, and you will see a program called sefp0.10.0.51patch.exe. Click on this program to run it, and it will ask you to apply a patch. Click do it. Nothing much seems to happen, but it is done. Close the window. If you miss any of these steps, you will get various error messages. Note that you are also required to have a regular COM port set up on your computer, even though you won't use it.

The final requirement is to get the firmwares that you are intending to use on your phone. These can be obtained, for example, from TopSony.com. Note that this is primarily a Spanish site, which can present some challenges to registration, etc., which is required. You may also have to pay a couple of Euros to get access to the download area. On there, you can get R9A036 main and R9A036 file system, which are the ones you want for the w300i phone only. If you have some other phone, you are responsible for gettting the right firmware files. These won't work, and will kill your phone. You also want the customization files. Unzip/unrar all these and put them in the same folder with PhoneXS++V1.2, which is called that. Then go to your db2010cid49_4_alpha folder, and also get w300_p3k_dcu.49R.ssw and put it in the same folder with the rest. Note that there should be a couple of subfolders called files_to_upload and own_custpack which came from the customization files. Leave this folder structure intact.

Getting started
    The first step is to remove your battery so you can take out your SIM card and memory card. Put the battery back in. Then run XS++ by double-clicking on its executable. This will bring up a small screen on which you can press the Start button. Once you do that, you will need to connect the phone, which you do by leaving it off, but holding down the "c" button while you attach it to the USB cable. If it recognizes your phone it will tell you so in the status window and switch to a view where you can put a MAIN file, an FS file, and customize. You may have to unplug the phone, take out the battery, and try again the first time, after it finds the device and so on. You don't ever want to customize with XS++1.2, because it doesn't work right on the w300i. Also, unless you are debranding your phone you don't want to update your file system. Even if you are debranding, you don't want to flash the file system just yet, because you want to back up your old one. It may some day be possible to restore branding when the R4EA031 firmware is found.

Flashing the phone
    Now we reach the point of no return. Once you flash the first break-in file, you will be forced to at least update your main firmware (which will probably actually downgrade it to R9A036, unless you can get the right firmware). Click on the ... button on the right of the Main Firmware box in XS++. Then browse to whereever PhoneXS++V1.2 is located, which is where your w300_p3k_dcu.49R.ssw file should be. Choose that file for Main firmware, and make sure you have only checked Flash Main firmware. Click on the Flash button at the bottom, and it will begin. It will only flash 5 blocks this time, and it will probably hang at the end. This should only take about 20 seconds. Once it says 5/5, finishing flash, it will hang, and you can click Stop button, and ignore the warnings. It will say error and it failed, but it didn't. At this point your phone will not turn on, so don't turn it on. Unplug it from the USB cable, and pop the battery out and back in.

Far manager
    Now run FAR manager from the start menu. Once it comes up, hit F11, which isn't even onscreen. This will give you access to the Plugins menu. From here, choose SEFP. This can be done by hitting the S key, which in the future you will want to do to not upset your settings. Here are some troubleshooting tips from se-nse.net:

1. If you get the error: "Unknown exception", Exception address: 0x7C812A5B...... The plugin will be Unloaded!
      This is a bug. It's because you don't have any COM-ports, so create a fake COM-port connection. I did it with my BT Dongle.
    2. if you get the error: " can be used with Service Cable ONLY".... browse to the SEFP folder and patch sefp.dll with sefp0.10.0.51patch.exe.

Choose DCU-60 cable, 115200, and w300_w810_z550_ in the three menus. Note that you make your choices simply by browsing over these choices without even clicking. This is easy to mess up. When you have your choices solid, approach the Enter The Matrix button from the bottom so you don't browse over your choices.

1. If you get the error: "Script error code 0"
      This is because you didn't put in the SEFPv010044 before you put in the SEFPv010051. You have to do both, because the second one is just an update to the first. Then after that you have to do the sefp0.10.0.51patch.exe as described above.

This will ask you to connect your phone, which you do by holding down the C button and plugging it in. Soon a menu will come up on the left side with the words FLASH and FS. The flash feature doesn't work for FAR manager, so choose FS by double-clicking. This will then download some more things to your phone, and eventually after a nervous pause, your phone's file system will appear on the left side of the screen. Since you didn't yet flash your file system, you can make a backup of the one on the phone. That is accopmlished by choosing each of ifs, tpa, etc., and choosing the copy option from the bottom of the screen. This will coply the folder and all its contents to the location on the right side of the screen (C:\Program Files\Far by deafult). Once you have backed up your file system, click the .. on the left side. It will ask you if you want to close the CSFS loader, just say yes.

Flashing and customizing
    Note that this section is unnecessary if you just wanted to hack in to your phone and not debrand it. You can still do all kinds of things with FAR manager without debranding, but you will need to do the next section steps to get your phone to run again. For now you will pop the battery out and put it back in, and start XS++ back up. Choose the start button, connect the phone as usual with "c" button held down, and select Flash File System. Now go choose the W300i_R9A036_FS_AMERICA_1_RED49.fbn file that you downloaded earlier, and start the flash. This will erase everything in your phone and start fresh. This task should complete normally without hanging. When it is finished, you are still not done. Disconnect, pop the battery out and in, and go back to FAR manager. Choose F11, S, keep the settings and Enter The Matrix, then FS. This time, you will want to find the folder where you put your customization files, called own_custpack. Open that folder on the right panel, and you should see the tpa folder on the right. There will also be a tpa folder on the left. Select the lone tpa folder on the right, and choose copy. This puts the folder from the disk onto the phone to customize it. Now the phone is debranded. Click the .. again on the left, until it asks you to exit CSFS loader, say yes. Finally you are done and ready to restore the main firmware. Remove and replace the battery.

Restoring the main firmware
    This is the step that is necessary whether you debrand your phone or not. Start XS++ again. Check the Flash Main firmware checkbox only. Select the W300i_R9A036_MAIN_NAM_1_RED49.mbn file, and then choose the Flash button. This will start the process of copying about 336 blocks to the phone. When this completes, which should finish normally, your phone is ready. Disconnect it, take the battery out and put the SIM card and memory card back in, and turn it on. This should be the first time you actually turn on your phone since you started. It won't work anywhere in between. It will go through the original setup if you debranded it, otherwise it will just start as your normal phone; however some things will no longer work because of the step backward in firmware. In particular, a Cingular branded phone will have the Cingular Music menu item show up as Missing, but it will still work. Other things may not work so well.
    Posted by elhaf at 3:07 PM

Device
    Xperia Go
    Thanks

Hello,
    All you need is in download section,it is not so simple for noobs so i recommend you to take it to some private shop.If you want to try by yourself you must read and read untill you understand the guide.You can find any information you need in Google,for example "how to flash SE w300" etc.
    The risk is yours.
    Regards

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Hello,
    All you need is in download section,it is not so simple for noobs so i recommend you to take it to some private shop.If you want to try by yourself you must read and read untill you understand the guide.You can find any information you need in Google,for example "how to flash SE w300" etc.
    The risk is yours.
    Regards
    the above information which i found in restlessobsessive: Debranding w300i walkthrough ,the topic is old,now present version is xs++3.1 version,i dont know why are u so much tired to helping to topsony members.posting old posts,no proper replies.i have seen lot of threads in this forum no one updating or replying long day,even ur also a new member when u joined in this forum,i think here members ie moderator ,super mods are helping to the new members to solve their problems.generally forums are created to help the members those who got problems.but here ur simply saying search in google and u will find answers ,then why are running websites and forums.anyway thanks for ur replies.i moved on to forum sense they are good members which replying and helping detaily,here i had one doubt ,r u just a member of this forum or moderator or super moderator or anyother?
    Last edited by funnyguys; 09-25-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Device
    Xperia Go
    Thanks

It was only example copy/paste.I already told you that you can find all instructions step by step by yourself because it is explained many times,in this forum or in Google.
    Since you find solution by yourself there is nothing more to talk about.
    I hope you will solve your problem.

Good luck

Thread closed.

Thread Information