Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

W810i Freezing and WSOD

Hi guys. I really don't know what to do with this phone. I keep getting the WSOD and I don't know if the phone can be repaired or if it's dead completely. I have tried Flashing it with different firmware versions and it still doesn't work.

After flashing the phone, this is what happens:

- Phone starts up normally and goes into start up menu.
    - It then freezes on "Setting theme, please wait."
    - After a few seconds the screen starts flashing white.
    - After another few seconds the phone shows up the home screen with a welcome message but it seems to be frozen.
    - After a few seconds the screen once again starts flashing. Every now and then it changes between the working screen and the flashing screen.

This is the cycle of what's happening with the phone. Every time the battery is taken out it keeps doing the above. If I choose the music player within the start up menu, it will play music and work properly, but as soon as I try booting the phone, it starts freezing up and it shows the WSOD. After a few seconds of waiting the phone will boot up into the home screen but then it keeps freezing/starting to flash a white screen. Once it detected the network and started working properly where I could go into the menu and call people with it, but as soon as the battery was taken out, the same problem came back up.

Any ideas? Would be awesome if someone could help out. Is this phone dead should I trash it or can it be repaired? I don't want to buy a new screen to then find out I wasted another $$$ on the phone for nothing. :)

Device
    Xperia Go
    Thanks

Re: W810i Freezing and WSOD

Hello,from my expirience it is hardware problem or the phone was liquid damaged.I don't know are you able to open it and check flex connectors and pcb and do you have tools,if you can't do that the only option is private repair/unlock shop but the question is how much it is worth to you(the price for repair).
    Good luck,
    Satch

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

I've disassembled a C905 before, it wasn't hard but it wasn't exactly fun putting it back together. The W810i doesn't look liquid damaged but I personally don't know as I bought it online via a 3rd party. I was only told that it had the WSOD, other than that it looks brand new and so I thought I'd purchase it for myself and get it flashed, but this didn't seem to fix much. It helped because the phone didn't work at all, it would only show a white screen, now it at least seems to turn on. I've got the tools to open it up but I'm away from home for the next few days so I guess I will try disassembling the phone once I get back. If anyone has any ideas, do let me know. I will report back once I get the chance to take a look inside of the phone. Thanks.

Device
    K800i / Xperia X10
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satch1234 View Post
    Hello,from my expirience it is hardware problem or the phone was liquid damaged.I don't know are you able to open it and check flex connectors and pcb and do you have tools,if you can't do that the only option is private repair/unlock shop but the question is how much it is worth to you(the price for repair).
    Good luck,
    Satch
    Surely if this was the case then it would work at all. He can choose to play music from the startup menu with no problem, problem only arises when attempting to boot to standby. Persoanlly I'd flash new/backup GDFS and go down the hardware route afterwards. :)

Thread Information