Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Device
    [ K510i ] & [ W550i ] & [W580i]
    Thanks

Make your Sony Ericsson phone as Remote Control for PC

Make your Sony Ericsson phone as Remote Control for PC

To use your Sony Ericsson mobile as Remote Control for PC you need a Bluetooth USB Dongle as below.

Instruction:
    1. Plug the Bluetooth USB device (it is PnP device for windows XP or windows 7) on PC. it'll install its driver after some seconds a bluetooth icon will appear on the taskbar.
    2. "Turn on" bluetooth of your Sony Ericsson phone.
    3. Click on that "bluetooth icon" of PC and select "add a device" follow the instruction of the blutooth device to make paired your Sony Ericsson phone with your PC.
    4. After finishing the pairing,upload the "K510 BT Remote Ctrl"(in my case k510) on your phone.
    5. From your Sony Ericsson phone Go to: Menu -> Entertainment -> Remote Control -> K510 BT Remote Ctrl

and enjoy my edited Bluetooth Remote Control for PC.

I tried to keep the useful button of the keyboard to run the Desktop by my Sony Ericsson phone.
    if you've any idea, please share to make useful Bluetooth Remote Control for PC.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rapidroll; 09-16-2011 at 05:07 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Device
    Thanks

Re: Make your Sony Ericsson phone as Remote Control for PC

added more Sony Ericsson phones for Bluetooth Remote Control on your PC:
    Attached Files

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Device
    Thanks

more Sony Ericsson phones for Bluetooth Remote Control on your PC:
    Attached Files

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Device
    Thanks

added edited Bluetooth Remote Control of Sony Ericsson phones on your PC:
    Attached Files

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

hi!
    I just bought a SE Elm (J10i2), and I was shocked when I saw there is no Remote Control option in the Entertainment menu. I tried several HID files from here, but the phone doesnt recognize them.
    I also tried writing the menu element into menu.ml (copied it from my C510's menu.ml), but that didnt work, the option still doesnt show up in the menu. Is there a possibility to port somehow this Bluetooth Remote Control feature from my C510 to the Elm? The two phones are very similar, keyboard layout is the same, plattforms are both A2.
    So I think, if someone is familiar enogh with the internal functioning and the file system, it should be possible.
    what do you think? or is there already a solution for this?
    thanks a lot!

Device
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satrafuckar View Post
    hi!
    I just bought a SE Elm (J10i2), and I was shocked when I saw there is no Remote Control option in the Entertainment menu. I tried several HID files from here, but the phone doesnt recognize them.
    I also tried writing the menu element into menu.ml (copied it from my C510's menu.ml), but that didnt work, the option still doesnt show up in the menu. Is there a possibility to port somehow this Bluetooth Remote Control feature from my C510 to the Elm? The two phones are very similar, keyboard layout is the same, plattforms are both A2.
    So I think, if someone is familiar enogh with the internal functioning and the file system, it should be possible.
    what do you think? or is there already a solution for this?
    thanks a lot!
    first connect your phone with your pc via your bluetooth device.
    if you are using window7 then go to Start -> Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> your phone's properties -> Services tab and check out that "Drivers for keyboard,mice etc (HID)" you have checked which i've showed in the below image.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

I tried this, but my phone doesnt show up under "devices and printers". Maybe because I'm not using win7 built-in bluetooth driver, but BlueSoleil 5.0.5 (because afaik thats the only one which supports my old BT dongle AND win7 64bit). I checked the device properties in the bluetooth software, and they are the same as for my C510, with which BT remote control works perfectly.

I checked all these, however I'm pretty sure the problem isnt related to the pc, or any configuration, but that the Elm's software/firmware doesnt include this feature. The option is just not there in the Entertainment menu, or anywhere else. Neither after putting it into menu.ml. So what I'd need, is to figure out how to install / make this feature available on my Elm. Either porting it somehow from my C510, or getting it from any other source, putting it to the phone, and then make it work.

Does anyone know, which files from the filesystem are related to the BT remote control feature? After some searching I found out the place for HID files is "/tpa/system/loconn/remote/archive/". I copied all the 3 files in the same path from my C510 to the Elm (using A2Uploader and FAR+SEFP2), but still no luck. (it is interesting actually, that the path exists, the folders are there, they are(were) just emty on the Elm).
    Last edited by satrafuckar; 10-03-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Device
    Thanks

I tried this, but my phone doesnt show up under "devices and printers". Maybe because I'm not using win7 built-in bluetooth driver, but BlueSoleil 5.0.5 (because afaik thats the only one which supports my old BT dongle AND win7 64bit). I checked the device properties in the bluetooth software, and they are the same as for my C510, with which BT remote control works perfectly.

I checked all these, however I'm pretty sure the problem isnt related to the pc, or any configuration, but that the Elm's software/firmware doesnt include this feature. The option is just not there in the Entertainment menu, or anywhere else. Neither after putting it into menu.ml. So what I'd need, is to figure out how to install / make this feature available on my Elm. Either porting it somehow from my C510, or getting it from any other source, putting it to the phone, and then make it work.

Does anyone know, which files from the filesystem are related to the BT remote control feature? After some searching I found out the place for HID files is "/tpa/system/loconn/remote/archive/". I copied all the 3 files in the same path from my C510 to the Elm (using A2Uploader and FAR+SEFP2), but still no luck. (it is interesting actually, that the path exists, the folders are there, they are(were) just emty on the Elm).
    in this case i recommend you to use third party software. named Vectir PC Software Version 2.5.3.1 and Vectir Mobile Software

System requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
    Microsoft .net framework 3.0
    256MB RAM minimum, 512MB recommended
    1GHz or higher CPU
    Bluetooth hardware if using Vectir for Bluetooth Remote Control
    Compatible IR hardware if using Vectir for IR Remote Control

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

thnaks for the idea. BTW I've found this too, but there are 2 problems with it:
    1, it is not free
    2, I need to install software to (all) the pc(s) too.

Is it impossible to get the good old sonyericsson version to the Elm?

Device
    Thanks

thnaks for the idea. BTW I've found this too, but there are 2 problems with it:
    1, it is not free
    2, I need to install software to (all) the pc(s) too.

Is it impossible to get the good old sonyericsson version to the Elm?
    Check out in the your PC's Device Manager that the following HID device driver is installed in your PC. if not then it's not possible to use your Sony Ericsson phone as Remote Control for PC

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Thread Information