Device
    [ K510i ] & [ W550i ] & [W580i]
    Thanks

[TUTORIAL] Method to install elfpack on Sony Erisson Phones

[TUTORIAL] Method to install elfpack on Sony Erisson Phones

What are Elfs?
    Elfs small and powerful applications that can add lots of functionality to your mobile phone. They are just like the Walkman or the Media player of your phone, since they are not java applications, they can directly access the phones file system and RAM - which means they are far more faster and powerful than Java

To be able to use Elfs, you need to install two patches - the Elfpack patch and a lib patch. You must also put a small file called DYN_CONST.bin on your phone memory.
    The elfpack patch is responsible for extending the elf capability to your phone, while the lib and dyn_const contain important functions that help the Elfs work on your phone.

If you want extreme detail then check this:Executable and Linkable Format (ELF)

WHAT THE ELFS CAN DO?
    Theoretically elfs can do almost everything that normal applications can do, however in practise the development and useage of elfs is limited to people who modify their phones. At present elfs can add useful features that SE forgot (especially on old phones) like showing Album art, minimizing bluetooth, changing the looks of the phone software, add cool applications like side bars and icon docks, and so on and on...

Here is a short guide to use ELVES.To make compitable ur phone for ELFPACK,
    u need the below 3 files:

1. ELFPACK Patch (.vkp)
    2. Library Patch (.lib.vkp)
    3. DYN_CONST.BIN file

Before going to install elfpack,first take a look about flash & patch of ur phone.

WARNING ! Installing elfpack ur phone may not function properly.
    The author or topsony.com cannot be held responsible for any damage of your phone.
    Mod your phone at your own risk !

Instructions:
    Quote Originally Posted by in my case for w550i_r4cb020
    Installing patch:
    1.apply patch [[TUTORIAL] Method to install the patches on W550/K750/W800/W300/W810/Z550 {DB2010} follow the guide ]
    (*)sysgfx_w550_beta_v2_r4cb020.vkp(without this patch u cann't modify visual icon)
    (*)W550_R4CB020.lib.vkp
    (*)W550_R4CB020_ElfPack_Tartes_Mod_1.9.2_rev42.VKP

2. after finishing the procedure of applying patch.

INSTALLING ELFPACK

Elf for w550i create the folders according to below name:
    /usb/other/ini <-(*.ini) files
    /usb/other/ZBin <-(*.elf) files
    /usb/other/ZBin/Config <-dyn_const.bin + other (.bcfg) config files
    /usb/other/ZBin/Deamons <-"autostart" {(*.elf) start on phone startup}

INSTALLING ELFS

All (*.elf) files should be placed in the ZBin folder.OR All (*.elf) files should be placed in the Daemons(elf that you want to start automatically) folder.
    Put all (*.ini) files in a folder called ini inside the Other folder on the phone memory.
    Put all (.bcfg) files inside the Config folder.

Follow them exactly step:

1.Rename your current lib to lib.vkp(If you have not done yet). Create Lib folder in ur ZBin directory and copy the lib vkp file which u have patched in ur phone in that folder along with swi_update.ini.This is to add new functions.keep it blank for now.
    2.Create Elf icons folder in ZBin/Config directory.U can change the icons of elfs.keep it blank u can add later
    3.Copy blibcreator and blibupdater elf in Zbin directory
    4.Flash Your main.(To avoid those mismatch error problem and make sure its eu_emea)
    5.Apply sysgfx patch, lib.vkp and the elfpack mod v4 beta
    6.Start your phone and run blibcreator.elf
    7.Go to Lib folder and u will swi.blib created.dont run updater elf.it is to add new functions to swi.blib u earlier created.dont delete lib file.
    8.Restart your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by don't mix up the steps
    Apply the following Elfpack_patch and The Library Patch.
    For example consider w610:
    First apply (Elfpack patch) w610_r6bc002.vkp patch
    Then apply (Library Patch) w610_r6bc002.lib.vkp patch

After that install elfpack....
    W810 /Z550 / W600 / K770 / K790 / K800 / K810 / W830 / W850 / W660:

Create ZBin in the Other folder of the phone memory and Daemons folder in the Other folder of the memory stick.
    Create Config in the ZBin folder
    Put DYN_CONST.bin inside this Config folder
    Put all elfs that you wan't to manually start in the ZBin folder, while all elfs that you wan't to start with your phone in the Daemons folder.

W580:

Create a folder named Daemons and a folder named ZBin in Other in the memory stick
    Create two folders in Other in phone memory named: Zbin and Config
    Put elfs into ZBin in phone memory or the memory stick (your choice)
    Put those elfs in Daemons which you want to start with your phone(they'll start when your phone turns on) .
    Put the DYN_CONST.bin file in Config

W610:

Make a folder ZBin in Other in phone memory.
    Now make a folder Config in ZBin
    Also, make a folder named Daemons in Other in phone memory.
    Put all elfs in ZBin
    Put those elfs in Daemons which you want to start with your phone(they'll start when your phone turns on) .

REMOVING ELFS:
    Delete the elf file from the ZBin or Daemons folder.

REMOVING / UPDATING ELFPACKS:
    If you wan't to update the Elfpack library, first remove BOTH the patches that you applied for elfpack.
    Then install the elfpack again and the new elfpack library patch.
    To completely remove the Elfpacks, Remove both the patches and delete all the elfpack folders you created.

Dowload the elves from: ELFS:You want them - start here

Trust me then You'll soon see what Elfs can do for your phone that u can't imagine.

Important:
    Put all (*.ini) files(that you get with some elfs)in phonememory/other/ini(you have to make the folder if it doesnt exist)
    Put all (.bcfg) files(that you get with some elfs) in "Config"

After this, install the two given patches(elfpack and elf lib) with SEtool2 Lite/SEFP/JDFlasher

For those elfpacks which dont have a DYN_CONST.bin, just install the two given patches.

Don't install them with GFlash as there's a possibiblity of errors!

Also, tpa/user/other means Phonememory/other
    and card/other means Memorystick/other

For best working of the elfs and compatibility with new elfs, you should use the latest lib and dyn_const.bin files on your phone. Remember while upgrading the new lib patch, you must remove the the elfpack patch and the lib patch - after that reinstall the elfpack patch and install the new lib. You don't need to touch the patchs while updating the dyn_const.

1. If something goes wrong on your phone while trying to use elfpack, you cannot hold the author or topsony.com responsible for it.
    2. In case you do mess up something, remove the patches from your phone.
    3. If that doesn't work try to reflash your phone.

Discussion and questions about installing ELFPack

Last edited by boysie; 05-16-2012 at 03:28 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Question Re: [TUTORIAL] Method to install elfpack on Sony Erisson Phones

For W810i .. R4EA0031
    i tried as given here ..

W810 /Z550 / W600 / K770 / K790 / K800 / K810 / W830 / W850 / W660:

Create ZBin in the Other folder of the phone memory and Daemons folder in the Other folder of the memory stick.
    Create Config in the ZBin folder
    Put DYN_CONST.bin inside this Config folder

patched with W810_R4EA031.vkp and w810_r4ea031.lib.vkp

Then Placed the CameraShortcuts folder with its content in your config folder, and the elfs in phone/other/Zbin (CameraShortcuts2.0.elf and ShortcutEditor.elf)

Started the ShortcutEditor.elf, it gave out options as NewshortCut
    Enabled (YES)
    Asked Pressed Key {I pressed for say 5}
    ASked Simulated Key {I pressed for say 0}

Started the Camerashortcuts2.0.elf
    and it created remap.cfg and shortcut_edit.ind in (Phone/Other/Zbin/Config/Camerashortcuts)
    also camerashortcuts.bcfg in memory stick (Memory stick/Other/Zbin/Config/)

For note i have also patched with sysgfx_alpha_w810_r4ea031.vkp (Does it have any effect on it)

When i starts the camera, it hangs and phone get restart after 3-4 minutes ...

1. Am i doing anything wrong? (Elfs or patch or DYN_CONST.bin)
    2. Is this applicable for W810i (R4EA0031)
    3. Is there any .ini file also needed, as i dont have any.
    4. I have left Daemons folder blank...

Please Help me..... Thanks in advance ..

Thread Information