Device
    [ K510i ] & [ W550i ] & [W580i]
    Thanks

Talking [TUTORIAL] Method to install the patches on W550/K750/W800/W300/W810/Z550 {DB2010}

[TUTORIAL] Method to install the patches on W550/K750/W800/W300/W810/Z550 {DB2010}

WARNING ! Using XS++ will void your Warranty. The author or topsony.com cannot be held responsible for any damage of your phone. Use this software at your own risk !

Before going to do this,first you checkout your firmware version through(menu\settings\update service\software version) your phone and compare with Farmanager(FarManager + SEFP ALL CIDS + jdflasher\Plugins\REST) REST files.

To perform this we need the following softwares:
    DL LINK:->

(a) FAR manager with plugins.HERE
    (b) XS++ (Sony Ericsson Customization tool).HERE
    (c) SETool 2 Lite.HERE
    (d) USB drivers.HERE

First step is to install USB Flash Drivers:
    • Remove the battery of ur phone and sim.Make sure u have at least 10 MB free space on ur phone.
    • Now reinsert the battery.
    • Connect the USB end of cable to PC and Do NOT connect the other end to ur phone.
    • Open XS ++ & Click connect, Hold the button ‘C’ in your phone’s keypad and now connect the USB cable to the phone (DO NOT LEAVE THE ‘C’ BUTTON IMMEDIATELY).
    • Windows will detect a new hardware and "INSTALL NEW HARDWARE" wizard pops up.
    • Release the 'c' button. In the wizard click "NO, NOT AT THIS TIME" and click "NEXT".
    • Choose to install from a specified location and click "NEXT". Under "SEARCH FOR THE BEST DRIVERS TO INSTALL" check "INCLUDE THIS LOCATION IN SEARCH".
    • Under "BROWSE" choose the path to the folder USB Flash Driver in the CD.
    • Now click next and let the windows install the driver.
    • After installing the driver, close XS++ and disconnect phone and turn it off in case it has switched on.
    • Remove battery for 2 seconds and re-insert it (to refresh your phone).
    • Now your phone is ready to be flashed.

Second Patch MAIN Firmware:
    • we need to patch our MAIN firmware to make it compatible with FAR plugin.
    • For this choose phone type according to your phone, remove SIM and connect your phone with SETool 2 Lite.
    • Click [Add] button on SETool 2 Lite select the file according to your phone model, in my case, ‘w550_r2e_dcu.49r.ssw’ (for W550i CID49) .
    • Now hit flash . 5 flashblocks will be loaded in 5 seconds!!!).
    • If it hangs on 3 out of 5 wait for a min and then click STOP.Now our MAIN is patched.
    • Close XS++, unplug phone and re-insert battery to refresh.
      Listen Guys after patching MAIN Firmware,the phone will not switch on.
      No NeeD tO woRRy

Third Acessing W550i FS wid Far manager:

Now open FAR manager program. Press F11 and then select SEFP plugin. in the following screen select…

According to the SEFP plugins the screen may change.
    • Here for my w550i I select Device:DCU60, Speed: 921600 Boot Script: According to fone model (w550_w600_CID49).
    • Now Enter The MATRIX!!!
    • Connect your phone as we do in flashing…(Press and hold 'C'button. your fone should get detected.
    • After a few seconds, a screen will show you two folders, FLASH and FS.
    • Note that the window is divided into two parts…
      The left side represents your phone contents.
      The right side represents your hard drive contents… currently inside FAR manager folder.

Fourth Installing the (.vkp) patch:
    • Double click on FLASH folder and drag the (.vkp) file on left of screen.
    • Hit copy and Flash.It will be done in max 10 secs.

Fifth UNPATCHING MAIN
    • The final step is to un-patch the MAIN firmware.
    • Again, open FAR manager program, and connect phone, the same way as before.
    • This time goto FLASH instead of FS.
    • Now your inside FLASH.
    • On the right side, you are in FAR manager folder.
    • Goto Plugins folder and then to REST.
    • You see a number of files… with prefix ‘REST_’ followed by your phone’s firmware version in Farmanager(FarManager + SEFP ALL CIDS + jdflasher\Plugins\REST) .
    • Select the appropriate file of your MAIN firmware (rest_W550_R4CB020) and drag it to anywhere on the left side.
    • Click copy there after flash, after the operation,close FAR manager and unplug your phone.

Remove (.vkp) patch

In case u want to remove the (.vkp) patch applied before repeat the steps 2,3 & 5 and
    before hitting Flash check the attribute ‘REMOVE vkp Patch’.
    Done.

Following this procedure & my [TUTORIAL] Method to install flash menu in w550i
    & [TUTORIAL] Method to install acoustic,display,camera driver in w550i
    u can change ur phone's veiw & upgrade the driver of ur phone.
    For this reason check out the phone's Paths - Where should I upload Flash menu/Layout/Drivers etc.
    Last edited by rapidroll; 09-02-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: to update download link

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: [TUTORIAL] Method to install the patches on W550/K750/W800/W300/W810/Z550 {DB2010

I've been scouring the network for the past few days for a simple, straightforward point by point method to flash/unlock/debrand an old phone like my K750i and this post is synonomous with all that I have read before......nonsense.
    For example at the end of the 3rd section it says "Now you are inside the den !!All files that govern your phone’s functionality are right before your eyes."
    Then straight onto section 4 install the patch.
    Double click the Flash Folder..........WHAT FLASH FOLDER..???? ITS GONE WHEN YOU DOUBLE CLICK THE FS FOLDER..!!!!!!!!
    Always bits are missing, critical bits because everyone just assumes that the reader knows what is going on........if they did they would not be reading the post in the 1st place.

Device
    [ K510i ] & [ W550i ] & [W580i]
    Thanks

Re: [TUTORIAL] Method to install the patches on W550/K750/W800/W300/W810/Z550 {DB2010

Quote Originally Posted by agostini View Post
    I've been scouring the network for the past few days for a simple, straightforward point by point method to flash/unlock/debrand an old phone like my K750i and this post is synonomous with all that I have read before......nonsense.
    For example at the end of the 3rd section it says "Now you are inside the den !!All files that govern your phone’s functionality are right before your eyes."
    Then straight onto section 4 install the patch.
    Double click the Flash Folder..........WHAT FLASH FOLDER..???? ITS GONE WHEN YOU DOUBLE CLICK THE FS FOLDER..!!!!!!!!
    Always bits are missing, critical bits because everyone just assumes that the reader knows what is going on........if they did they would not be reading the post in the 1st place.
    First of all you're seeing this is a large tutorial because I wanted to show the steps in detail for newbie not for the advance user like you!!!!!!
    Reply the following questions because i could give you Infraction but i don't want to miss use my power.
    1. Who and Why is nonsense?
    "Now you are inside the den !!All files that govern your phone’s functionality are right before your eyes."
    -[den] it's my slip of writing I wanted to write phone.
    Did you use FarManager?
    Last edited by rapidroll; 09-02-2011 at 03:41 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidroll For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Which boot script should I use for W580i? also SETool 2 Lite what file to add for W580i? where can I get it?

Thread Information