Top Moderators Diamond

Device
    W580i
    Thanks

SD Card repair damaged Android

Today I woke up with a problem as my phone, I said "damaged SD Card: SD card is damaged.
    You may need to format it. "And wandering in St. google I found the answer to my problem and bring them here credits to the creator of this tutorial and I hope will be helpful.

You may be using your device after Android, we've found that you suddenly appears in the status bar, a message similar to the following:

Damaged SD Card: SD card is damaged.
    You may need to format it.

What happened? Have I lost all my data? My card is unusable? Why has this happened? Am I to blame for these terrible events? Will I ever make ends meet?

What happened?
    Most mobile devices use microSD card type, a successor version of SD cards, only much smaller.

The main questions about these cards are usually three:

• Capacity: The amount of data that can be stored in them: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB ...
    • SD or SDHC: SDHC is the new version (High Capacity) of the old SD. Beware! There are devices that detect not only SD and SDHC.
    • Speed: Important question is often ignored. The cards have various kinds (the number inside the circle in the image), much higher, the faster the card.
    With CrystalDiskMark can do performance testing, if you know which card you have (or tells you to).

Why did it happen?

As with external hard drives, pen drives or USB sticks, when disconnecting a card from a device, disconnect it would be best not once, but warn the device before and say "Hey! I remove the card. "
    Android is why (unlike hard drives and flash drives) does not mount the card instantly when connected to USB, but when storage mode on (see Section 2).

In this case, then it is always advisable to use the safe removal.
    Many people claim "I always hit extract and it has never happened!". Generally, if you get disconnected when performing data readings are usually no drawback, however, if you do at the time that data is being saved can corrupt the file system or corrupt the data on the card.
    This is the most likely cause of failure of the damaged card.

Have I lost all my data?
    "Yeah, okay, I do not release the roll ... What do I do? "
    Android, since it detects a possible error with the card, this message and not allow access to their data.
    However, it is likely that removing the card from the phone and connecting to your PC via a card reader (1), SD-microSD adapter (2) or USB memory microSD (3), can recover the data (or part of them).

As for my experience, I have done better to consider these units on Linux in Windows. In the past the system becomes unstable or unresponsive too easily.
    From Windows you can try an error check with chkdsk / f / r / x F (assuming F: is the drive of the card) or Linux with fsck.vfat / dev/sdb1 (assuming sdb1 is the partition card).

Has my card unusable?

Okay, I managed to recover the data. But my Android keeps telling me that the card is damaged. What I can do? This is not like the CDs, I can not use coasters, is very small ...
    Some people think that the card is unusable, since in many cases can not format from the mobile device or not even from Windows. When we learned that the card is damaged, the damage is usually in the logical structure, not the card itself.
    Therefore, what we do is delete the partition and recreate it using a partition manager.

From Windows
    Right on My Computer or My Computer, Select Manage and we went to Disk Manager.

We will list the disks we have (including where we have Windows, CDROM drives, etc ...) It is very important to know for sure what is the volume of the card.
    Once we know what it is, we looked at the bottom (right) and select Delete right Delete partition or volume and re-create a new volume, select FAT32 file system.
    You could also use another partition manager, type Partition Wizard or Paragon Partition Manager.

From Linux

If you have Linux, the steps discussed below are for creating a bootable USB (pendrive need a vacuum of at least 256MB) with Gparted, regenerate sufficiently to allow the partition of the card and format it.
    We can download the latest version of Gparted live (. Zip file) and extract all the USB drive.
    Once removed (must be in the USB flash drive), go to the folder utils / win32 and double click the file makeboot.bat.
    You can also choose another method and create a bootable USB with unetbootin and use the partition manager included in the selected Linux.
    In this case, I as an example Gparted, a partitioning similar to the Disk Manager I mentioned earlier.

Just select our card drive in the top right (make sure the size of the unit), and in the same way as before, remove the partition and recreated, using the FAT32 file system.
    In Linux you can also choose other partitioning as QTParted or testdisk.
    Last edited by Joytike; 08-18-2011 at 11:57 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joytike For This Useful Post:

Thread Information