Hi, everyone, i'm sure u dont know who i am.. , i'm nubie here.. and i just wanna ask u about a method of changing SE fonts..

well, i was browsing about how to change fonts.. all i know just use far manager,,put the fonts in tpa/preset/system/fonts and edit the xml..

but i found a strange thing when i visit this page Tutorial | Installing new fonts to the phone - Page 3 - myForum

a user named FaUZaNeVVa post something on the middle of page.. he talked about simpler font changer method...

like this:

"For a simple font changer, we may manipulate fonts.xml to point font files in Phone Memory ('Others' directory). In this case, everytime We want to change the fonts we just need to upload it (font file) to Phone Memory, 'Other'. And restart the phone. Simpler than uploading it through XS++ I think..."

Here is the XML script:

Quote:
<xml>
<engine cache_size="131072" default="yes">
<font style="sans-serif" weight="normal">/tpa/user/other/fonts/Sony_Sketch_EF_205.ttf</font>
</engine>
<engine cache_size="262144" default="no">
<font style="sans-serif" weight="bold">/tpa/user/other/fonts/Sony_Sketch_Bold_205.ttf</font>
<font style="sans-serif" weight="italic" s01="20">/tpa/user/other/fonts/Sony_Sketch_EF_Italic_205.ttf</font>
<font style="sans-serif" weight="bold-italic" s01="20">/tpa/user/other/fonts/Sony_Sketch_Bold_Italic_205.ttf</font>
</engine>
</xml>
"How To:
1. Put Your fonts.xml in /tpa/preset/system/fonts/
2. Put font files in /tpa/user/other/fonts/
"

Could anyone tell me the risk of this method??

or is there anybody who had ever tried this..??

i 'd like to use this method if it is safe,,,

and one more question... could we do the same thing for flash menus?? i mean.. the .thm files contain the address of swf files.. could we point it to phone memory, so next time i wanna put a new flash menu, i just need to put it on my w660 without Far manager..

Thanks in advance..
i wish someone out there read and reply my post..