Thread: Flash help?

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Flash help?

Hi:
    I have a sony w580i with At&T and i really want to debrand it.
    I have a vista home premium 32bit and a xp professional and ive tried debranding it using both.
    Can I get a guide that works for me?
    Thanks

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: Flash help?

I PERSONALY HATE THE ATT SE, {Keep it courteous and do not go around the word filter** , THEY TOOK AWAY SO MUCH FEATURES, BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT, SO JUST FOLLOW THES INSTRUCTIONS TO DEBRAND YOUR PHONE TO THE WAY THE W580I WAS MEANT TO BE...WORKS 100% JUST USE YOUR BRAIN.

In this guide, I will layout the process of flashing your Sony Ericsson 580i using SE Tool 2 Lite.

NEITHER I OR ATT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED TO YOUR DEVICE WHEN FOLLOWING THESE STEPS, I AM BASING THIS GUIDE ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

- Precautionary measures

Before doing anything please make sure you do the following:

* Charge your phone to 90-100%
    * Back-up all your contacts to your SIM and Memory Stick
    * Remove your SIM Card and Memory Stick

- Files

Included in this guide are the following files:

* SETool 2 Lite 1.08
    * Sony Ericsson W580i FS
    * Sony Ericsson W580i MAIN
    * Sony Ericsson CID52 ASIA Customisation

Download Files (31.94 MB)

Flash files for phones other than the W580i should be available at this website: http://*****.ru/files/ (You will need an account to download, use Google translator for English, downloads and sign-up will not work when using translator!)

- Instructions

1. Extract the RAR file you have just downloaded, inside you will find the following files:

+ setool2lite.rar
    + W580_CDA102568_7_R8A_GENERIC_C_ASIA.ZIP
    + W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn
    + W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn

Extract "setool2lite.rar" and leave the rest as is.

2. Go into the directory in which you extract the file "setool2lite", and go into the "drivers" folder, there you will find another folder called "usb_flash_driver". Go into that and launch the installer that is contained in it, proceed as you read, nothing major will happen this is just a SE USB Flash driver for your phone.

Once the installation is done proceed to the next step

3. Go back to the directory in which you extracted "setool2lite" and launch the application "setool2lt.exe"

4. In the application, you will need to select your phone model at the top, in this case it would be the SE W580i.

5. Now in the box where it says "Files:" under the phone model you will need to add the following files:

+ W580_R8BA024_FS_C_ASIA_RED52.fbn
    + W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52.mbn

6. In the box where it says "Misc files:" you will need to add the following file:

+ W580_CDA102568_7_R8A_GENERIC_C_ASIA.ZIP

7. Once you have added the files into their appropriate positions you will need to attach your phone to your computer, by holding onto the "C" on your phone and then plugging in the USB cable.

8. As a precautionary measure, make sure all the files are in their right placements and that your phone is detected as a "SEMC Flash Device" or something along those lines.

9. Now you are ready to click "FLASH", DO NOT CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS BEFORE OR AFTER THIS PROCESS!

This process should take about 5 minutes and you will be readily happy with this de-branded version of your phone!

Thread Information