Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Lightbulb Free debrand W850 CID 53 with Far+jdflasher & SEUS

I don't know if someone fond this method, but I successful debrand my "W850 Orange France" CID53 like this :

First : Before starting, make a full backup of your data.

This manipulation is at your own risk, neither I nor Top Sony can be held responsible for any mishandling.

Step 1

*note : I'm not 100% sure the CDA top must be the same as the original, but it just appeared logical to me.
    I say this because in the custom I chose "Generic_Trade" only two language are available English and the other language of different custom !
    1. Make an Setool2lite Identify. Or Service info menu >*<<*<* Software Info
    2. There is the CDA "CDA102677_11_R11A_ORANGE_F_France" for me.
    3. Go "TopSony Custom Download" and download the custompack "Generic_Trade_****" with the same top CDA, in my case "CDA102677" therefore the file "W850i_CDA102677_6_R4A_Generic_Trade_France".
    4. Decompress the file and rename the customize.xml to customize_upgrade.xml.

Step 2
    1. Launch Far + (JdFlasher).
    2. F11 > just da flasher "db2020" script; port DCU-60; speed 921600.
    3. Connect phone, go to ofs>tpa>preset>custom folder.
    4. copy customize_upgrade.xml in phone
    5. Quit the ofs folder proper ".." enter ".." enter ".." enter ".." until the "warning are you sure?" message, and "yes" finally quit Far
    6. Turn on the phone, wait full start

Step 3

Just start SEUS and fallow instructions. After flashing completed. Turn on the phone >*<<*<* Software info, or make an setool Identify. That's it! Your phone as an generic firmware.

Device
    K750i - K810i - XPERIA arc - XPERIA tipo dual - Xperia Z Ultra
    Thanks

Re: Free debrand W850 CID 53 with Far+jdflasher & SEUS

wow! this could be the easiest way to debrand everyphone like A2 phone does

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Yes easiest and fastest I think, no fs no main to search and download, only the customize.xml file need. And probably work with all other db2020, db2012 phones. If someone have test with other phone, tell us please.

I only tested with my w850 because no fs & main in CID53 are available for download.

And for the CDA top, if someone can said, if the top must be the same of the original or not. That would be nice.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clavus View Post
    Yes easiest and fastest I think, no fs no main to search and download, only the customize.xml file need. And probably work with all other db2020, db2012 phones. If someone have test with other phone, tell us please.

I only tested with my w850 because no fs & main in CID53 are available for download.

And for the CDA top, if someone can said, if the top must be the same of the original or not. That would be nice.
    Bro, its not working for me, do i need to copy all the files inside \tpa\preset\custom or only customize_upgrade.xml to the phone. I copy only customize_upgrade.xml and its not working, i follow the exact procedure, but still network locked. Can you clarify here please.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curvenger View Post
    Bro, its not working for me, do i need to copy all the files inside \tpa\preset\custom or only customize_upgrade.xml to the phone. I copy only customize_upgrade.xml and its not working, i follow the exact procedure, but still network locked. Can you clarify here please.
    Because it's just to debrand the phone. Not for simlock remove sorry.

Device
    -
    Thanks

I followed the instructions but my phone (W850i CID53 ) is still showing the Vodafone splash screens, and menus.

gpz900ra7.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

I have thus far managed to upload the quick access patch onto my k530i which has been flashed to R8BB001 w660i. Now I have to apply the sim unlock patch and I get the message "14/14 bytes mismatch"

Thread Information