Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

NEW Unlocked, Unbranded T707 needs additional language!

Hi,

I've got a new unlocked, unbranded T707 but I bought it from germany so I need to add my countrys language - swedish.. how does one go about doing that? <:

I gather from what I've read online that I can just extract the SV.lng and SV.t9 from some other firmware (I've extracted those files from a C905) and just upload them to the correct folder on the phone AND add some lines to the customize_upgrade.xml for my new language?

Is that correct? (also, can I copy the customize_upgrade.xml file that is ON the phone now and edit/upload that? or do I need a new customize_upgrade.xml file? if so, what does that new customize_upgrade.xml have to contain? just the language lines? or more?)

Or do I need to flash some new main/fs firmware+custom pack?

And some more questions.. do you always have to flash both firmwares and custom pack? if so, why?

And finally.. I gather from what I've read that my "region" should be "nordic".. is the nordic firmware for the T707 available somewhere?

//A

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: NEW Unlocked, Unbranded T707 needs additional language!

Well, so far I've gathered that one can not use a2uploader to download/backup the existing FS on the T707/a CID53 phone.. but you can well.. kinda "work around" that.. by creating a customize_upgrade.xml that copies the files that you want to the usb/other folder that you later on can access by plugging in the T707 as a mass-storage device via the usb.. I found this guide and used it to extract the customize.xml file from my T707:

http://www.*******.com/forum/a2uploader-1450.html

just hook up the T707/CID53 phone via a2uploader and browse the file system, write down the files you want copied and then add them to the customize_upgrade.xml and follow that guide.. worked for me anyways!

however.. I extracted the sv.lang and sv.t9 files for the swedish language pack from a C905 phone firmware (also R1EA030 CID53 RED) and uploaded them to the T707 tpa/preset/system/language folder.. and then I created a customize_upgrade.xml through the customize.xml I extracted/mentioned above and this guide:

how to add languages to your phone - Top Sony Forums

I then uploaded that to the tpa/preset/custom folder.. BUT after booting the phone afterwards.. I can only have the PHONE language in swedish NOT as the writing/t9 language.. does anyone have a solution to that problem? much appreciated!

and another thing.. i did not find the lng.dat and lng.lst files in the tpa/preset/system/language folder.. so I could not delete them.. could that be why the t9 does not work? and also.. i did not edit the allowedlanguage.txt file in the tpa/preset/system/language folder either.. can those 2 issues be why I've only got swedish as phone language and not as the writing/t9 language?

help please <: and if anyone has got a swedish T707 phone to extract the sv.lng/sv.t9 files.. or if anyone has got them from somewhere else.. I'd take em <;

EDIT: and yes.. I feel retarded.. it was probably that I didn't edit the allowed_language.txt file.. (my guess) because when I went through the menu->settings->general->language->writing language options I saw check boxes for the various languages.. and there it was "Svenska" ("swedish") and after I checked that "&%#%& option I could select swedish as the writing/t9 language while being in the "write message" app.. "#&%%"&"%¤&"¤%&¤"%&"¤%&"¤%& me <; just glad that I solved it.. and perhaps my gf (the phone is for her.. I'm a sinner/iphone user) might be pleased also!
    Last edited by S2Andreas; 06-30-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

What do you think?

I just want to say that this forum is interestinggggg :), who also think so and what you especially like?

Thread Information