Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Help with changing Walkman skin on W760a

Well, I finally debranded my W760a. So far so cool. I found a theme I like but I do not like the way the Walkman skin looks; it makes it too dark. I read some post here and other forums (not specific to the W760a) on how to change the skins but once again I must be doing something wrong.

I found a Blue Walkman skin I like. In addition to the pngs in the zip file, there are two hml skin files. I read that Far Manager should be used to copy/transfer the files to the file system. My phone is not listed in the choices and would not work. So, instead, I used a2uploader and moved the two hml files to tpa/system/multimedia/mp/skins.

I thought this was too easy and the Walkman skin on the phone did not change. I turned off the phone and removed the battery just in case but no go.:confused:

In reading some tutorials and this and watching several YouTube videos, they explain/show the individual files dragged to the skins folder which is what I did. In the Skin I tried, there was a skin xml and default_upgrade_skin xml and about 6 or 7 pngs. I tried two ways: dragged just the two xml files and ,when that didn't work I dragged all the files in the zip to the skin folder.

I also notice in the video clips that in Walkman player under settings, they showed a skin option to change the skin which does not show on my phone.

How is the default skin overridden? I the default_upgrade skin xml supposed to do that?

Device
    W200i
    Thanks

Re: Help with changing Walkman skin on W760a

Just move the picture files to: tpa/system/multimedia/mp/skins
    I didn't move the hml files, just the pictures, I thought jpg or so.

Thread Information