Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: K750i reboots itself PLEASE HELP !!!

NEW INPUT: the phone will never stay OFF when I shut it off manualy from power button no matter if it has a SIM inserted or not. I removed the battery and then reinserted the battery and this way the phone stays off. Is this pointing to a problem on the PCB or is a common software problem?

Device
    -c905
    Thanks

the files u flashed it with were did u get them from

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

For the first 2 flashing jobs I got them from TOPSONY, downloads tab, and the latest flash I did on the phone I used SE upgrade service and I flashed in the latest firmware for K750i.

the next test I'll do is to take the phone in an area with no signal. There I can test of the network reboots my phone. And I'll probably decide if it is a HW problem like FLASH IC or processor or Radio AMP problem.
    Last edited by Elitek550; 03-06-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Use edit

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

its hardware problem.. change power amplifier...

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

A bad Power amp can make my phone not to stay off when I turn it off manually?

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Check your sim card. I think that your sim card is error. You should contact supply service

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

What do you mean by "check your SIM card"? I tried hundreds of times to remove and reseat a handful of diferent SIM cards. All the same. If I don't insert any SIM the phone won't reboot but instead asks for a SIM. It is strange because it started to reboot even with the T-Mobile SIM that it used not to reboot but now started to reboot with that SIM too. I took the phone in an area with no GSM signal and phone still reboots. It is wierd. I'm thinking to reflash the phone with the oldest firmware.. see what happens. Any idea is welcomed.

PROBLEM FIXED. Finally I got to the bottom of this.. (or that I think). I reflashed (again ) the phone with the oldest firmware available on TOPSONY.com which is R1AA008 and the phone won't reboot any more. So it was not a SIM problem or a hardware problem. It is weird anyway. I've noticed another problem though, I have only 3 bars of signals compared with the other 2 k750i's that I own on the same network which have 5 bars. It still may be a power amplifier problem...

UPDATE: After 6 months of heavy use of the SE K750i with the reboot problem it still works strong . No problem since I reflashed with the oldest firmware (which is RAA008). There was no hardware problem. I still can't figure why the phone reboots with all other firmwares. I'm afraid to reflash with a newer FW because I think I will end up with the reboot problem again.
    Weird isn't it?
    I have only one explanation: the size of FW RAA008 is smaller than all other newer firmwares. I might have a phone with some damaged clusters of internal memory. A large firmware will try to use this part of memory which is damaged while a smaller FW doesn't need to. With a larger FW size the phone will try to access this damaged areas, was unsuccessful and was forced to reboot.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Style; 08-24-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Device
    K750i - K810i - XPERIA arc - XPERIA tipo dual - Xperia Z Ultra
    Thanks

format memory card or run a scan disk, it will solve your problems, i had the same problem with my K810 from the time when bought and it did solve

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

I don't have any memory cards in MS slot. Th phone used to reboot even when the slot card was empty.

Device
    -
    Thanks

check for continuous short in ON/OFF button...

Hope this helps...

Thread Information