Device
    -c905
    Thanks

Post Fixing A Damaged Gdfs - If Loss Off Signal (not Dead Phones )

how i fixed my gdfs on a k800 and w850i i will not take no responsibility for any thing u try to do from this link TAKE A GDFS BACK UP FROM UR PHONE !!!!!!!THIS IS NOT FOR A NEWBE CHANGE UR GDFS WILL KILL UR PHONE IF U DONT KNOW WHAT U ARE DOINGthis will not work on phones that have been killed by wrighting the wrong gdfs ie / imei missmatchs on se tool read out please take note
    Case:
    Let's say you have a DB2020 phone with some GDFS issue, say you wrote K800 firmware to a K790 and now you have "no network".

Solution:You'll have to rewrite the original GDFS. Sadly, most users never back it up before proceeding with whatever operation they intended to do in the first place. This is done through the "Read GDFS" button in SETool, btw . it will produce a .bin-file named with the phones IMEI and can be found in your SETool basedir. Take good care of it.

Now, lets say you didn't back up the phones GDFS and did something to screw it up. Then you have a problem, because rewriting it with another phones GDFS will screw the security units and the phone will be bricked. Generally a bad thing, right ?.

Luckily, there is a way to solve this and the procedure is as follows:

Use only COM/UFS interfaces (but i used it with out my setool3 box just used se tool lite just make sure u dont turn ur phone on at all till it is finished )

1 (Optional): Back up the corrupt GDFS (yes, even though it's corrupted, so you have a full backup just in case). Again: "Read GDFS". Move it to a safe place on your HD, this is to avoid accidentally deleting it and for avoiding confusion with all the other txt-files that will appear later on.
    2: Create a scriptfile (a normal txt-file will do) with the following contents:

Code:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gdfsread:00020e5a
    gdfsread:00020e48
    gdfsread:00010851
    gdfsread:00000006
    gdfsread:0000000E
    gdfsread:00000013
    gdfsread:0000001C
    gdfsread:00000018
    gdfsread:000000AA
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now save it. Name it "readsecunits.txt" or whatever. Select the file in SETool's MISC-field and press "Write SCRIPT".

All the read units will be stored in a single file named by the phone's IMEI.
    rename it as "secunitsbackup.txt" to avoid confusion

3: Apply the GDFS from a working DB2020 phone.
    - Read it out from the source phone (it will be stored in the SETool basedir named by the source phone's IMEI)

Do NOT turn the phone on afterwards.

4: Now, you'll have to write back the original units. Apply the "secunitsbackup.txt" you created by selecting it in the MISC-field and pressing "Write SCRIPT".

Voila, it should have done the trick.
    u may have to hold the 2 and 5 button to get setool lite to recognise ur phone not the c button

Another method (Without the need for GDFS backup/etc...)

Create and execute the following script:
    gdfswrite:000000ACXX

Set XX to whatever corresponds to your phones bandlock:

Code:
    ;00 MS_GSM900
    ;01 MS_EGSM900
    ;02 MS_DCS1800
    ;03 MS_PCS1900
    ;04 MS_GSM900_DCS1800
    ;05 MS_EGSM900_DCS1800
    ;06 MS_GSM900_PCS1900
    ;07 MS_EGSM900_PCS1900
    ;08 MS_DCS1800_PCS1900
    ;09 MS_GSM900_DCS1800_PCS1900
    ;0a MS_EGSM900_DCS1800_PCS1900
    ;0b MS_GSM850
    ;0c MS_GSM850_PCS1900
    ;0d MS_EGSM900_GSM850
    ;0e MS_DCS1800_GSM850
    ;0f MS_EGSM900_DCS1800_GSM850
    ;10 MS_EGSM900_GSM850_PCS1900
    ;11 MS_DCS1800_GSM850_PCS1900
    ;12 MS_EGSM900_DCS1800_GSM850_PCS1900
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    thanks to sng i have changed it a bit to use se tool lite
    i take no responsibility for any thing u try to do from this link TAKE A GDFS BACK UP FROM UR PHONE !!!!!!!

this will not work on phones that have been killed by wrighting the wrong gdfs ie / imei missmatchs on se tool read out please take note
    u will have to use Top Sony - Buy Ultimate Unlocker LOGs to fix this

2. The Following User Says Thank You to philzfog For This Useful Post:

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: Fixing A Damaged Gdfs - If Loss Off Signal (not Dead Phones )

cant I do something similar using XS++ ? (for a Z310)

Device
    -c905
    Thanks

u carnt mess with the gdfs pnx5230-based phones on u will kill it fully try Ultimate Unlocker but i dont think it surports them

Device
    K750i
    Thanks

how to creat script file for K750i DB 2010, please help me for reviving my cell. I have corrupted my gdfs, can i generate my valid IMEI which is printed in phone carton box by writing a script file.
    Last edited by jagadeesh; 06-01-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: rewrite

Device
    -c905
    Thanks

u have damged ur gdfs it will have to be test pointed or fixed with setool box or u can wright back the orgnal gdfs only way

7. The Following User Says Thank You to philzfog For This Useful Post:

Device
    K750i
    Thanks

u have damged ur gdfs it will have to be test pointed or fixed with setool box or u can wright back the orgnal gdfs only way
    dear sir/madam,
    :(i had not backed my original gdfs, what I did was straight forward, i flashed other available gdfs with same model phone, :(please help me to revive whatever is the imei number, because i had given to sony ericsson in my area by funising purchase bill, they said you need to change the mother board, as I read in the forum unless you break or modify in phone hardware, there is no fear altogether:), that the phone is dead:confused:, we can correct:), if it is a software part though i have corrupted software part, now that i have service cable :)as well I can test point it, but I do not have setool box:(, is there a way to fix my phone:), your kind help is requred, it is still new phone without a single scratch, now i am using cheap nokia make receive call phone. good day:)

Device
    K750i
    Thanks

I got my phone k750 with cid49 with RD B001 firmware in working order, it is finally unlocked in servic center using se box, of course not for free, unlock took only 2 minutes. thats it! i really enjoy the phone. sad thing is camera is not working, in service menu there is no mention of camera driver. i opened the phone till i got camera cable and refixed, it did not help. hope it needs camera driver. i will try to fix and come back to you some time later.

Device
    K750i - K810i - XPERIA arc - XPERIA tipo dual - Xperia Z Ultra
    Thanks

make a full flash and your phone will work 100%

Device
    -
    Thanks

So usb wont work at all because thats all i have, i dont have no other interface, also, i want to try to fix my Tm506, because it gets no signal

Thread Information