Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

Re: how to identify my phone? c905a? or c905?

Also i dont mind paying for it, I read something about the Divinici team...Would they be able to help me if i purchase a c905a firmware from them?

Device
    -c905
    Thanks

if u got a credt u can flash it full with them i will check with my c905 and let u know if it does it safely yet

edit/nope it does yet surport it :(
    Last edited by philzfog; 02-12-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

I also wanted to see if it's possible to reflash to be compatible with 3G networks in America (AT&T, Tmobile). I did find out from AT&T and Tmobile that you need their firmware to use their 3G networks, because they are not open networks. Even if you were able to use their frequencies with an unlocked, unbranded phone, you would still not be able to access their 3G offerings, according to their representatives.

I'm not sure if this is true or perhaps someone could confirm.

Regards

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

@hovalistic,

It is not a software limit, it is hardware.

You can run C905 (non-Americas) firmware on a C905a - it will still have UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz. However the model number will be changed (e.g. as seen in the "User-Agent:" HTTP header) - so if you are on AT&T, you will not be able to use "Cingular Video" (CV).

Likewise, a C905 or C905c (which would only get EDGE in North America) can be imaged with C905a firmware, and would get access to CV despite not being 3G capable.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hlorri For This Useful Post:

Device
    -
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hlorri View Post
    @hovalistic,

It is not a software limit, it is hardware.

You can run C905 (non-Americas) firmware on a C905a - it will still have UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz. However the model number will be changed (e.g. as seen in the "User-Agent:" HTTP header) - so if you are on AT&T, you will not be able to use "Cingular Video" (CV).

Likewise, a C905 or C905c (which would only get EDGE in North America) can be imaged with C905a firmware, and would get access to CV despite not being 3G capable.
    Re: how to identify my phone? c905a? or c905? - 03-13-2009
    I also wanted to see if it's possible to reflash to be compatible with 3G networks in America (AT&T, Tmobile). I did find out from AT&T and Tmobile that you need their firmware to use their 3G networks, because they are not open networks. Even if you were able to use their frequencies with an unlocked, unbranded phone, you would still not be able to access their 3G offerings, according to their representatives.

I'm not sure if this is true or perhaps someone could confirm.

Regards

Thread Information