Device
    Kyocera 7135
    Thanks

Debrand your P990i / M600i / W950i

Debrand your P990i / M600i / W950i

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan

Got Vodafone, o2 or Orange branding on your Sony Ericsson smartphone? Slightly annoyed that those who have the Generic version have had several firmware updates, whilst your service provider has limited the functions of the phone? Well now you can change the phones version to the generic one via USB on your own PC for only €6.
    Now I can’t confirm that it actually works, nor does anything I say mean that I’m liable, however these people on esato and these on my-symbian are extremely happy.

Remember any action you take on your phone is completely your own choice. If you’re not 100% confident then DON’T do it.

Here’s how to do it:
    Perform a back-up of your phone via the PC Suite (or however you prefer)
    Download KulanKendiClient.exe
    Purchase a credit for €6 (you only need one)
    Sit back and wait for KK to contact you with your username and password (you may have to wait 24 hours and weekends don’t count, be patient)
    Run the software
    Turn off your phone, hold down the C button (or back button if you can find C), plug the phone into the PC via the USB cable. (Don’t worry if it thinks your M600 or W950 are P990s)
    Tick change CDA and enter CDA162007/1 (P990i) or CDA162011/1 (M600i) or CDA162014/1 (W950i)
    Press Flash Phone
    Wait a short while
    Turn the phone back on. You should now have an extra CDA.
    Wipe your phone via the hidden service menu. Up * Down Down * Down * -> Format internal disk
    Run the Sony Ericsson Update Service, you should now see that you have a Generic World One phone. Hit the Update Phone button and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Wait 10-20 minutes
    Turn the phone back on. Bingo phone is now brandless.

Hope this helps those who are stuck, or have been visiting this blog looking for the answers.

Updates
    7th March 2007 - I can now confirm that this work after testing it on a friends phone.
    Last edited by luzer; 04-22-2007 at 10:08 PM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to luzer For This Useful Post:

Thread Information