Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks

[how-to] Customize CID 49/51/52 without bruteforcing

Now it is possible to customize CID 49 (without bruteforcing) and CID51/52 (also without bruteforcing, but it's not free).

The main thing is to make an xml file which will be uploaded to phone (via IR,BT,USB) which will tell the phone where to copy/delete each file. This XML file should look, for example, like this:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <customization>
     <file-operations>
       <file-op parse-mask="fa" op="copy" source="usb/other/camdriver0.dat" dest="ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat" />
      </file-operations>
    </customization>
    Now, the main problem is how to make the phone parse this file! I know exactly how to do it with CID49 K800, but I'm not sure for other phone/CID combinations.

For K800/K790 CID49:
    1. Upload files from restart_K790.rar to your phone using XS++ (This is hopefully the last time you will do the bruteforcing);
    2. Turn on the phone
    3. Now the phone should be ready for customisation (see below);

Thanks to ego and R.I.P. from SonyEricsson.ru
    Original thread here: h**p://www.sony-ericsson.ru/forums2/index.php?showtopic=37226&hl=

For CID49 - Other phones:
    As far as I know, the process looks like this, I haven't tried this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The file cmz_config.xml from tpa/preset/default needs to be modified so that it points to xml from phone's other folder. Again, you must use the XS++ to bruteforce one more time

For CID51/52 phones:
    See: h**p://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=9251

How to begin with customization
    You can use my app "Default_upgrade.xml Creator 1.0" to create a XML file with list of file operations.
    h**p://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=9717

1. Copy all the files you want to upload to phone to one folder on the computer (e.g c:\temp)
    2. Run the Default_upgrade.xml creator and add all the files from c:\temp to the list
    3. Select file(s) from the list, select the desired file operation and type in the desired source and/or destination folder
    4. Save the generated XML file in c:\temp The filename should be "default_upgrade.xml if you have the CID49 K800 and you use the firstly described method. I'm still not sure for others
    5. upload all the files from c:\temp to the other folder in your phone (using IR,BT or USB)
    6. Restart your phone.

That should be it. It works with my CID49 K800, I'm not sure for others. If you have some questions check theese links;

Sources:
    h**p://www.sony-ericsson.ru/forums2/index.php?showtopic=37226
    h**p://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=9251
    h**p://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=9368

Many thanks to: ego, R.I.P., eXoR, Rekoil and others

Thread Information